1,278 results
All reviews great location the river walk valet parking majestic theater full kitchen waffles street noise valet service per day the breakfast area complimentary breakfast two blocks historic building room was large business trip indoor pool definitely stay here again
Reviewed 12 December 2017

when we arrived on a friday at 3:30 our room was not ready. we were exhausted from a day of plane travel and just wanted to shower. We really should have called ahead, but assumed we would be able to check in as we arrived after 3 and their check in time is 3PM. The staff gave us free water and bags of cheezits. we received our room at 4:05 pm.
the room was on the 8th floor..very quiet as it faced the back of other buildings instead of the streets and there was only one other room near ours so that aspect was very nice.
the room was dated..stains on the comforter, some stains on the carpet, strands of hair curled into some of the fibers of the washcloths, corrosion around sink and bathroom drains. the water pressure was terrible, and for those that have very thick hair like myself, it took forever to get my hair wet and wash it. no toiletries were provided other than bar soap, but they did have a container of body wash and shampoo in the shower. The container of body wash was broken.
the breakfast staff were amazing and friendly. breakfast was adequate.
the location was fantastic ..blocks from the alamo, riverwalk..parking right across the street from hotel..

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank corn180
Reviewed 10 December 2017

The room is ok, very dated but it was clean and the location was good. However, I stayed there at the conclusion of a very long work week. After touring the Alamo, I returned to my room for a short nap given this was my one relaxation day. The housekeeping staff was obnoxious and extremely loud. The doors to the rooms are extremely heavy and slam hard and loudly when you leave if you don't guide it closed. As they make their way in and out of rooms, they use the security latch to keep the door from locking and they allow the door to SLAM every single time they go in and out of a room. It isn't an exaggeration to say the walls shake when that happens and there could be no sleeping, working, reading, or anything that requires a somewhat quiet environment. Even though I had the "sleeping, do not disturb" sign on my door, I figured they just didn't realize how loud it was so I stepped into the hallway and politely commented on it to one woman who was cleaning rooms. She apologized and I said thanks and returned to my room. The next ten minutes was more loud slamming over and over so now I was getting a bit annoyed. I returned to the hallway and said something to two other people cleaning rooms (there were quite a few working on the third floor at one time). Two of them apologized (different than the first person), so I figured that had to be the end of it. No, that loud slamming continued on for quite a while. If you have kids that require a nap during the day, do not stay here. If you anticipate you might want some quiet time in your room during the day for work or relaxation, I caution against this location. Even when you politely bring this issue to their attention, it isn't worth it to guide the door instead of letting it slam to avoid disturbing guests.

Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 6 December 2017

Home2 is always a great place to stay. We were there for a concert at the Majestic that is a few steps away from the hotel. The only thing was a smelled of cigarettes on the passageway of the hotel...

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Home2 Suites by Hilton
Reviewed 5 December 2017

Stayed here recently and found it to be interesting. It's an old building that has been renovated into a modern hotel. The ceiling in the room was super tall and the view outside the window is slightly obstructed by the concrete columns that were part of the architecture of the period. We were there on a Friday night and we could still hear some of the street noise of people partying outside. It wasn't super loud but what can you expect being right downtown?

I feel cleanliness of hotels in general is lacking. I took some photos of basic filth that is not what I would expect from a Hilton chain hotel.

Room tip: Request a higher floor so you can enjoy a downtown view
Date of stay: November 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 December 2017

loved to be assisted in such caring way, I was able to interact with a lot of their staff, from valet parking to front desk, kitchen staff & house keeping. Seems that Human Resources made a terrific work by hiring such as nice people. Thank you San Antonio Home 2

• Trip type: Travelled on business