19 people are viewing this hotel
US$558
Free cancellation until 25/07/21
Reserve now, pay at stay
US$607
PricelineUS$493
Hotels.comUS$607
TraveluroUS$706
3,159 results
All reviews cibolo moon lazy river high velocity hill country crooked branch pool area adult pool kids activities lounge chairs beautiful property business conference fire pit self parking fitness center spring break oaks pga
Selected filters
Reviewed 14 June 2021

I came here for a company retreat. Unfortunately, my company did not reserve enough rooms for the weekend and the hotel was fully booked. I was actually supposed to stay at a different Marriott property, but at the end of the day, I spoke with the manager on duty that evening, Ramon, who worked tirelessly to locate an available room to accommodate me. He eventually found me a room so I didn’t have to travel off-site. I thanked him profusely for his efforts and help in finding me a room on such a busy weekend. The property itself is beautiful, the food was fantastic, and the customer service was phenomenal. I can’t thank Ramon and Marriott enough for making it a great weekend at the property for both me and my company!

Trip type: Travelled on business
Team Marriott, Guest Services / Front Office at JW Marriott San Antonio Hill Country Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2021

Hello 683kaitlink,

We are flattered by your very kind review of JW Marriott San Antonio Hill Country Resort & Spa. Team members like Ramon are a perfect example of the passionate and dedicated spirit of service that we value. We are delighted that our caring hospitality really stood out and that everything worked out for your stay with us. Many of our guests who come here for business also choose to return for leisure, so we hope that you will do the same.

We look forward to welcoming you again soon!

Reviewed 10 June 2021

Hard not to compare to the two nearby Hyatt products in Austin and San Antonio. The Marriott is newer, and more upscale. It is very nice, and it costs more too. However, it is far away from Sea World, San Antonio (a reason to stay at the hyatt is that it is very close to sea world) and it is far away from the Rivers and horse back, unlike the Hyatt Lazy river. The slides are better at Marriott... but over all, the location of the two Hyatts and value for dollar are better. High level members at Hyatt gets breakfast free, at Marriott Platinum or Titanium only gets subsidized breakfast. All three are full this summer

Date of stay: June 2021
Team Marriott, Guest Services / Front Office at JW Marriott San Antonio Hill Country Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2021

Dear michaelmP6545UK,

Thank you for your feedback about your recent stay with us. We are disappointed that you were not satisfied with our location. However, we are pleased to know that you enjoyed the majority of your time with us. Our attentive staff is always available to offer suggestions to help guests explore our area, and we hope you will consider a return visit. We would welcome the opportunity to tailor your next San Antonio journey and make it exceptional.

Reviewed 9 June 2021

We had a great Memorial Day weekend stay at JW Marriott San Antonio Hill Country! Our kids (7 & 8) loved the waterpark and evening activities. We will definitely return!

Pool Chairs: If you are there during a busy time, get to the pool at 8 to reserve your chair - everyone puts towels down then leaves. It's incredibly frustrating, but once I figured out how it worked, I joined in so we were able to have chairs. We were there during a very busy weekend so all chairs would be "reserved" by 9:30am.

Food: We ordered room service several times and ate at High Velocity & Cibolo Moon. Food was good and we felt like the portions were large! Some of the kid food was redundant, but you can't really go wrong with mac & cheese or chicken tenders. Our kids did the kids buffet at both restaurants - the desserts were really good!

Transportation: We ubered from the airport to the resort and stayed there the entire weekend and arranged an uber to pick us up for our flight home. Uber to/from the aiport was $40 one way. An uber from the hotel to the River Walk was estimated to be $50 one way.

Rooms: No complaints about the room - the balcony was a nice touch. We were on the front side of the resort - I'm sure some of the views on the back side of the hotel are great from the balcony. No housekeeping, but you can call the front desk and get towels & additional toiletries if you need them.

Date of stay: May 2021
Reviewed 3 June 2021 via mobile

After one day here wish we could leave. Checked in and tried to call reception and put on hold. Finally hung up. Safe not open. TV won’t work. Hotel very crowded. For dinner, restaurants have no staff so can’t get in a restaurant without a long wait. Everyone was eating takeout outside lobby making a mess and no one cleaning up because the hotel could not feed us. The halls yesterday had piles of off dirty linen outside most doors. Not a good look for an expensive hotel. Our bed was not made properly so sheets and pad came off during the night making lumps so we can’t sleep well. Oh, and at pool we were charged over $100 for a bucket of 6 beers which should have been $40++. Can’t wait to leave.

Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank Handywoman9
Team Marriott, Guest Services / Front Office at JW Marriott San Antonio Hill Country Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2021

Good morning Handywoman9,

Thank you for bringing your concerns to our attention. I apologize for the shortcomings you have experienced, and we are committed to providing our guests with a fulfilling stay. I am here all day today, if you’d like to see me at the front desk so I can help address your issues personally.

Again my apologies, and I look forward to speaking with you.

Kip Reuman
Director or Rooms
(kip.reuman@marriott.com)

Reviewed 3 June 2021 via mobile

This resort has gone way downhill. From the stains and filth in the room, to the overpriced drink, to the terrible food. We wanted to love our visit, but it was just bad. The mattress is as flat as a pancake, there was hair in the bathtub, cereal and stains on the carpet, and our AC was broke. Not to mention the drinks were way overpriced and the food was awful. Save $100s and stay somewhere nice.

Room tip: Stay somewhere better for 1/3 of the price!
Date of stay: May 2021
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Krista M
Team Marriott, Guest Services / Front Office at JW Marriott San Antonio Hill Country Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2021

Dear Krista M,

Thank you for choosing to stay at our hotel and for sharing your comments. We were disappointed to read about the numerous issues you encountered. Please accept our apologies for not delivering the exceptional stay you deserved. All feedback is taken seriously, and we hope you will stay with us again for a much improved experience the next time your travels bring you this way.