2,846 results
All reviews cibolo moon lazy river high velocity hill country crooked branch tpc golf course pool area adult pool kids activities kids club beautiful property lounge chairs lobby bar labor day weekend business conference fire pit self parking
Reviewed 20 October 2017

Overall: Great!
Food: The food is really good!.
Price: Stay is expensive but worth every penny!
Staff: Great, very friendly.
Location: Good, it's about 20-30 minutes from the airport depending traffic.

Room Tip: Room 8156 was very nice!
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 October 2017 via mobile

I stayed here for two nights with my husband and 7yr old daughter.
Check in was very friendly and the lobby of the hotel is impressive we had high expectations.
Our room was comfortable and the balcony overlooking the golf course was worth the extra charge.
The hotel is also a conference hotel and the first evening after arrival we went down to use the pool, and relax the pool bar/restaurant was full of business men and it was impossible to relax or get a drink.
Dinner was great and the waiter gave our daughter a blanket to keep her warm.
Breakfast ordered to the room for the first morning never arrived so we got pastries from the hotel Starbucks. This was disappointing.
The hairdryer was old with a wobbly switch and when I switched it on it sparked and gave me an electric shock. Standing in a bathroom this was slightly worrying! A tricky hour on our first morning.
I phoned down to advise what had happened and to ask for another hairdryer , the guy I spoke to offered no apology surprise or reaction other than to tell me another would be sent to my room. I repeated that I had been shocked and he repeated that another would be sent up. We found this very odd indeed. Hopefully he listened and the other hairdryer was binned rather than put in another room.
The pools were empty of people and a little cold ,we really loved the lazy river and especially the beach. Lunch at the pool bar was tasty and the staff were very very good.
We tried to have pre dinner drinks but again too many business men at the bar for us to access it easily so came back later.
On arrival at the restaurant with out 7yr old we found out it was closed. Just a sign apologizing, advance warning would have been good. We then found out the other restaurant was full until 9.30 which was too late for our daughter to eat and in 2.5 hrs time so were directed to the sports bar by a very kind concierge.
There was a baseball match on in the bar and it was very noisy and not really the place for a 7yr old, the food was good and so was the service but not the kind of evening we were hoping for on our last night.
Thankfully our breakfast to the room did arrive.
I did not understand the charging system for breakfast we ordered two $18 breakfasts and there did not seem to be a price next to the teas and coffees. We are from the UK where the price for this is included, with taxes and extra charges the price for breakfast was nearer $75. This was fine but it’s not very transparent.
There’s a tax to pay on just about anything and a large proportion of our checkout bill was taxes. We understand this is usual but worth mentioning in a review as it is not mentioned on check in and so we had to Google it all.
Check out was quick and efficient but the guy did not ask how our stay was which is usual in good hotels, I would have liked the opportunity to advise him of our issues, and really would have saved the hotel this review as I feel the need to let them know on here.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Caressa R, Front Office Manager at JW Marriott San Antonio Hill Country Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2017

Dear barney78,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback, both pleasant and disappointing. On behalf of our entire resort team, I would like to apologize for the issues that you encountered throughout your stay. We certainly should have made more of an effort to address these concerns while you and your family were still here in an effort to make your stay an amazing experience. I will be addressing your concerns with our teams throughout the resort in hopes that we can correct these issues moving forward and to discuss with our team how we can learn from your feedback. I hope that we might have another opportunity to better serve you again in the future. Thank you again for sharing your thoughts with us.

Warm Regards,

Management

Reviewed 17 October 2017

Our company has used this particular JW Marriott location several times for large sales conferences and it's always been great.

The food at the restaurants is great, the sports bar is a great socializing spot, the rooms are extremely clean and the golf is fun.

I'd highly recommend.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 October 2017 via mobile

The resort is a distance from San Antonio though it's reasonable to go into the city. The surrounding area did not seem to have too much to offer from what we experienced so go for the resort itself and plan to stay in property. The resort is large with three restaurants a steak house, Latin and sports bar. The conference facilities are ample and well appointed though the sound quality in some rooms wasn't the best. There are many places to sit and spend the afternoon or evening. We did not use the spa or pool but they looked great. If visiting for relaxation I would check to see if there are large group events going on during your stay before booking.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 October 2017

My children love to come here on vacation. We love this place. The water slides are awesome. The activities they provide for the children are great. We always have an amazing time here. We come here a few times a year.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family