Residence Inn San Antonio Six Flags at The RIM
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
  • Pool
View Hotel
All reviewsla canteragreat locationsmall kitchen tablemarriott silverfuture guestsfull kitchenfiesta texaswafflesthe sofa bedrooms are quietfriendly hotelrooms are greatminute drivemorning breakfasttop flooreach eveningcleaning staff
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 4 August 2017

Overall, my experience with this hotel was great. Nothing to complain about really except for one thing- no shuttle to Six Flags. Me and my daughter tagged along with my husband on his business trip here and we chose this hotel because how close it was to Six Flags. After we checked in, I asked the person at the desk if there was a shuttle to Six Flags?? She replied there is a shuttle but it will not take you to Six Flags, but it will take you to Target, which is literally located about 400 yards from the hotel. So in order for us to take the shuttle to six flags we would have to get dropped off at target and than basically walk over there. Let me remind you that you would need to cross the busy frontage road. So I was kind of upset by this experience because why would you have six flags stated in your hotel name yet do not provide a daily shuttle over there? Me and my daughter did go to six flags on one of the days and drove there and paid the $25.01 parking fee. As we were walking to the entrance, I noticed other hotel shuttles and moms and dads dropping people off in a special area for shuttles. Doesn't make sense to me. So from the hotel, once you cross under the freeway, stand in the right lane to park at six flags. But if dropping someone off stay in the left lane to do that. I hope this helps other future guests.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Texas_Traveler77377
Reviewed 8 July 2017 via mobile

We booked this hotel because it was across the highway from Fiesta Texas. We checked in the evening following our visit to the theme park.

"What brings you to San Antonio," the desk clerk asked.

Sunburnt and dehydrated, followed by my lethargic family, I managed to mumble something about "Fiesta Texas," to which he responded, "We get a lot of people here for that. You can see the fireworks from our parking lot."

He then handed us our room key, as well as my "amenity" for being Marriott Silver -- a bottle of water, a pack of jelly beans, and a pack of peanuts.

We took an elevator (the doors of which were adorned with a theme park advertisement) to our floor and stumbled into our room. With a queen bed and a pull-out sofa bed, there was plenty of room for all of us to sleep.

But, then, when I pulled out the sofa bed and looked in the closet for the linens, there were none. It was fixed with a call to the front desk and delivery about 20 minutes later, but it was a magnified inconvenience considering all I wanted to do was go to sleep.

We finally got the kids settled and the lights out when a "boom" cracked from outside. I opened the drapes, looked over toward Fiesta Texas, and saw the firework display.

The girls rolled out of bed and stared in awe at the show. A front row seat to the display, without actually having to fight the crowds and traffic? We totally won there.

Breakfast the next day was... well... Residence Inn breakfast. Eggs, sausage, some bread items, cereal, yogurt, and waffles. One of the attendants was a lifesaver, helping my older daughter with the syrup dispenser while I juggled several plates and bowls.

As we were leaving, a member of the cleaning staff was chatting with another family, asking where they were headed to next and wishing them a safe journey. Then, when my toddler dumped a bowl of Froot Loops on the lobby floor, someone was immediately there to sweep it up.

I generally got the vibe that the hotel was staffed by people who took pride in their work and did their best to make those staying with them feel welcome and comfortable. Most importantly, this hospitality and consideration extended to our children.

As I foresee numerous trips to Northwest San Antonio in the coming years, this Residence Inn will remain at the top of our list.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank jrryager
TeamConcord, General Manager at Residence Inn San Antonio Six Flags at The RIM, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2017

Dear jrryager,
Thank you for staying with us and for acknowledging the outstanding service you received at Residence Inn San Antonio Six Flags. It is wonderful to hear such great feedback about our staff and how they took care of you and your family. I am also glad that your room suited your needs so well and that you were able to see the fireworks from your window. It was a pleasure to have you as our guest, and we look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed 24 May 2017

My husband had to travel to San Antonio for a few days for work so my son and I decided to tag along. I was a little nervous beforehand, because I knew I had to keep a toddler entertained all day and in a hotel of all places. Not the easiest of tasks! Needless to say, I shouldn't have been worried! The location is great and there are numerous shops and restaurants around. I also noticed on the way in that there is a Top Golf and iFly very close by. Two things everyone needs to try! The complimentary breakfast was great and full of things my kiddo would eat. I even had to ask a member of the staff to keep an eye on my son for me so I could fix our plates. She happily obliged and this momma is so thankful. The rooms are very nice and clean. Overall, I am very pleased with this facility and wouldn't mind staying here again.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Residence Inn San Antonio Six Flags at The RIM, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2017

Dear KaciB123,

We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us. We love hearing that your stay was enjoyable. Our associates work to provide a pleasant stay in an effort to become your hotel of choice when in the area. We look forward to your family's return trip.

Reviewed 16 May 2017

Great hotel near shopping and plenty of good restaurants, This is a pet-friendly hotel and we asked for a room where there were no pets. We were given a great suite on the top floor. Service was outstanding. We stayed there on the first night of a Houston-California trip and also on the last night on the return. Right off I-10, easy on-off.

Room Tip: Pet-friendly, ask for top-floor if you don't want to be near pets.
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Residence Inn San Antonio Six Flags at The RIM, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2017

Dear fingerda,

We are delighted to hear of the comfort you experienced at our hotel. I’m glad you were able to take advantage of our great location and comfortable accommodations. Our associates are the key to providing our guests with a satisfying stay. We appreciate your kind remarks and hope to see you again.

Reviewed 15 May 2017 via mobile

Nice facilities, very modern and comfortable. Staff is friendly and efficient.
Rooms are spacious. There's 3/4 kitchen. Refrigerator, stovetop, microwave and dishwasher. Everything you need is there from dishes to dish soap. The only thing you need to do is turn on ice-maker upon arrival. They don't have ice machines in common areas, like some hotels.
The pool area is nice. There are sunny and shaded areas. Loungers and tables. The pool is saltwater and fairly large, there is no hot tub.
Breakfast is good. Everything you would expect from a free breakfast and more. There are hot items such as sausages, scrambled eggs and biscuits and gravy, in addition to what you would expect to find: cereals, yogurts and fruit. There are waffle makers with all the bells and whistles and good coffee with soy milk offered. (My sign of a good hotel) Most impressively, the breakfast area manages to stay clean, even at peak times when families are bustling about, excited and anxious to get to nearby theme parks.
Everything you could possibly need is nearby. Probably not walking distance. But too many stores and restaurants to name are within a mile of the hotel.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Residence Inn San Antonio Six Flags at The RIM, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2017

Dear katchina m,

Thank you for sharing your kind review with us and other travelers. I’m glad you enjoyed our well-equipped suites, ample breakfast and friendly service. It’s encouraging to hear that our hard work is affecting the guest experience. Please visit us again upon your return to the area.