“Great hotel!”

The Emily Morgan Hotel
Ranked #26 of 358 Hotels in San Antonio
Reviewed 6 January 2013

We had a fabulous stay at the Emily Morgan. Our room was at the end of the 11th floor hallway complete with refrigerator, jacuzzi tub, bookshelf full of books, and picturesque views of San Antonio and the Alamo. The bed was comfy, pillows soft, and the room smelled of citrus when we checked in. Two days later, you could still smell it!

• Stayed: December 2012
2  Thank amber8339
CJohnsonGM, Manager at The Emily Morgan Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 January 2013

amber8339,

Thank you for staying with us! We truly appreciate your feedback, and your insight into our hotel and team. I do agree that the new beds are fantastic, as are the views of San Antonio, and the Alamo grounds.

We look forward to having you back as our guest.

Chris Johnson

Write a ReviewReviews (1,659)

Reviewed 4 January 2013

We recently stayed for 4 nights at the Emily Morgan. It has just rebranded as a Doubletree. I travel frequently and enjoy staying at the boutique hotels that are being added to Doubletree. There was a bit of remodeling going on, but all in all we had a great experience. It is a great location for all things Alamo Bowl. Our room on the 12th floor looked right down onto the Alamo itself! All of or encounters with the staff were great. We received especially great service each morning from the same waiter for breakfast. The workout facilities are ok, not great. Perhaps that will be upgraded. Our room was very quiet, no complaints there. Great food abounds nearby, either the Riverwalk or just off it. My son tells me the burger we had at Oro may well be the best he has ever had!

It was our first trip to San Antonio and I hope it is not our last. With the exception of the game (we are Oregon State fans) everything was just about as well as it could (although it would have been nice to have warmer days....). I hope to get to the Emily Morgan again.

I absolutely love the architecture of the place and it is really easy to find either from the skyline, or being right next to the Alamo.

Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
CJohnsonGM, General Manager at The Emily Morgan Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 January 2013

GeoPeg14,

Thank you for staying with us, and sorry about the game. We are actually putting the finishing touches on our fitness center this week, and I think the result looks amazing. We hope to have you back as our guest, and thank you for taking the tme to share you experience.

Reviewed 3 January 2013

Our trip to the Emily Morgan was fun but there are a lot of things that you need to know before visiting. First off, valet is $30 and there is no where else to park.. Its the only option really. The people we nice, the room was pretty. Walls are THIN, you can hear everything. When we left I checked my account and had RANDOM CHARGES. I called 5-6 times to speak with the manager and went to voicemail. I never got a call back. Finally I got ahold of a worked who tried to help me and she couldnt even explain what the charges were for. We sat on the phone and added up everything and it still didnt come out right. She said she would let the manager know and he would call me first thing in the morning. The next morning I never got that call. I called again and FINALLY he picked up. I checked my account again and all of the charges were fixed. hmm...it was a little odd. Honestly that was such a mess and I was so disappointed in the service that I will never go back to this hotel again. The only great thing about this hotel is the fact that its so close to the Alamo...but get out your checkbooks..its going to cost you a pretty penny!

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
CJohnsonGM, Manager at The Emily Morgan Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 January 2013

MS201313,

I am terribly sorry about the lack of follow up, and the billing error in the first place. With the excitement of converting to DoubleTree by Hilton, comes new systems and technologies. I apologize you were negatively impacted by our learning curve, and most importantly not followed up with by my team.

I take full responsibility for our shortcomings, and have reviewed your comments with our entire operations team. I hope to have the opportunity to have you back as our guest.

Reviewed 3 January 2013

Amazing room! Great view -so close to everything happening downtown. Staff couldn't have possibly been nicer, from the concierge to the cleaning staff. We didn't participate in their New Year's Eve party, but the band was great & it looked really nice & fun. May have to go back next NYE. Regardless, I will be back!!!

Room Tip: The "Emily Suites" have the most amazing tubs I've ever seen in a hotel.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple

bmrmora,

Thank you for staying with us, and we wish you a safe and prosperous new year! We are looking foreward to having you back as our guest, and be sure to take advantage our our HHonors program, it's the best in the business.

Reviewed 2 January 2013

Pros: Amazing staff, big beautiful room, overall cleanliness, great luxurious toiletries, comfy bed and pillows, gorgeous shower, amazing alamo view, great food at the restaurant, across from the Alamo and main attractions.

Cons: crappy parking options (park at street meter instead), fee for wifi (seriously, that ought to be free!)

We took this trip for our daughter's birthday and she was just over the moon at how awesome the hotel was!

Room Tip: You can upgrade to an Alamo facing room, which is kinda fun to have. Google San Antonio's parki...
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank LinneGQ
CJohnsonGM, Manager at The Emily Morgan Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 January 2013

LinneGQ ,

First we all hope your daughter had a fantastic birthday, and with all the hotel choices in San Antonio, thank you for staying with us!

We appreciate your feedback, and look forward to having you back as our guest!