“It is not New Orleans by a long shot!”
Review of Big Easy

Big Easy
Ranked #2,376 of 4,784 Restaurants in San Antonio
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole
Reviewed 2 August 2015

We arrived 45 minutes after the restaurant opened and the door was still locked! We entered and the place as empty. We sat down and ordered drinks and they arrived in styrofoam cups...the second hint that things were not great. We looked over the menu and half our party wanted the Cajun Roast Chicken luncheon... only to be told it wasn't ready and would be another half hour or more before it was. Had we been told when we were given menus that would have fine. So we reviewed the menu further and then ordered. My wife ordered the Shrimp plate and was very disappointed. Go around the corner to Red Lobster and you will receive better service, atmosphere and a must more delightful meal! I ordered the Red beans and rice with the Cajun Sausage. It was so bland I had to add a ton of Tabasco sauce on it to make it passable. The rice was plain white rice with no seasoning, the beans were ordinary pintos and no spices and the sausage had no flavor what so ever. This was not Cajun style food by any measure! Our friends order PoBoys which might as well be bought at Subway! The prices were moderate and service was okay, but the food was far from New Orleans or Cajun. We were very disappointed and will not be back and would suggest you pass as well!

Reviewed 4 April 2015

we went for the first time tonight with friends whose opinion we trust and they had raved about it. so we joined them and gave it a try! what a treat: complex and deeply satisfying gumbo, red beans and rice, fried shrimp, it was almost too much of a great thing. the owner chef (dewanna) came out and spent some time with us and told us a little about her journey from NOLA to SA after "the Storm" and how she loves what she does. that loves shows in every bite of our great feast. it was a special evening and we were transported back to New Orleans. reminded why i love New Orleans people and food so much.

2  Thank boudin
Reviewed 4 December 2014

As a Louisiana I am very disappointed. Will not recommended this resturant. Establishment has ragged, dingy chairs and slow service. Took us an hour to be served.

2  Thank monhan55
Reviewed 28 August 2014

In a not-so-visible spot, I imagine this place is like a hidden gem. It's small with a home-y feel, and friendly staff. Went here for lunch and had the catfish po'boy w/ a side of jambalaya. This was my first time trying Cajun food so I don't have anything to judge it by, but it was good. They have po'boys of all different kinds, and I look forward to coming back and trying other dishes. I like that it's different, and adds a bit of diversity to the Walzem/NE food scene.

2  Thank amhart90
Reviewed 27 August 2014

Authentic New Orleans style food! The gumbo and lobster bisque might be the best I have ever tried. This is family run and sometimes they run out of things but I tried something new on my last visit and now have another favorite, the shrimp po-boy! I have yet to be disappointed! Save room for the bread pudding with praline sauce it's plate licking good!!

1  Thank 307missyk