“Breakfast food ”

Price range: US$0 - US$10
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Neighbourhood: Far West Side
Description: The Egg & I San Antonio, Texas breakfast restaurant offers gourmet coffee, 100% pure-squeezed orange juice and a variety of menu choices you will enjoy time and time again.
Reviewed 17 June 2017 via mobile

Food was really good service, recommend the veggie Benedict and potatoes, service was mediocre and slow

Shay B, Guest Relations Manager at The Egg & I, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2017

Thanks so much for stopping in and leaving this kind review, Devin. It is our goal to absolutely WOW each and every guest that visits us. So I am saddened to hear about the service you received! Though, I am thrilled you enjoyed your meal with us! We hope you give us another chance to WOW you!

Reviewed 23 April 2017

This place was a good breakfast place. It did not get the best reviews on Yelp but its better than average. The food did take a little longer than usual but it was a packed restaurant. I good place to stop by if you are on your way to Sea World. The eggs benedict was good and they put a coffee carafe at your table. I put average but there was not a good rating. only very good rating. The prices were very reasonable.

Reviewed 5 February 2017 via mobile

Awesome Parisian Benedict... love it and whole wheat toast is marvelous ... quick, great for breakfast or lunch.

Shay B, Guest Relations Manager at The Egg & I, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2017

Awesome!! That is great to hear, Jim! Thank you so much!

Reviewed 25 January 2017 via mobile

We were visiting for an Airforce graduation and decided to go to a breakfast spot that was quaint. We were greeted by a friendly hostess and our waitress was nice. The crowd was small but somehow the wait time for our food and check was very long. Although the waitress was nice she only returned to our table once to ask if we needed anything and that was when we received our meal. I ordered the Wisconsin scramble and asked for ham and bacon to be added inside of the scramble. When I received my food the meat was on the side. However, since our waitress was actively missing I could not let her know about the mistake. The ranch potatoes were great though!

1  Thank LaToya W
Shay B, Guest Relations Manager at The Egg & I, responded to this reviewResponded 26 January 2017

Thank you for your recent visit and for this feedback. We sincerely apologize for the experience you describe here. We take our service and food very seriously and it is upsetting to know this is how your visit went. Thank you for taking the time to share your concerns - we will address them immediately. We do hope you give us another try in the future.

Reviewed 4 December 2016

This was our last meal in San Antonio and it was excellent. We had the typical breakfast fare, eggs, coffee, bacon and pancakes. The portions were large, the food was hot and tasted great!! The service was excellent! We left San Antonio full, satisfied and happy!!

1  Thank will h
Egg P, Guest Relations Manager at The Egg & I, responded to this reviewResponded 7 December 2016

Thanks for the awesome review! We're happy to hear that you had an excellent experience with us and that you enjoyed your meal. We can't wait to see you again soon!