“Visiting from Atlanta ”

Price range: US$0 - US$10
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Neighbourhood: Far West Side
Description: The Egg & I San Antonio, Texas breakfast restaurant offers gourmet coffee, 100% pure-squeezed orange juice and a variety of menu choices you will enjoy time and time again.
Reviewed 25 January 2017 via mobile

We were visiting for an Airforce graduation and decided to go to a breakfast spot that was quaint. We were greeted by a friendly hostess and our waitress was nice. The crowd was small but somehow the wait time for our food and check was very long. Although the waitress was nice she only returned to our table once to ask if we needed anything and that was when we received our meal. I ordered the Wisconsin scramble and asked for ham and bacon to be added inside of the scramble. When I received my food the meat was on the side. However, since our waitress was actively missing I could not let her know about the mistake. The ranch potatoes were great though!

1  Thank LaToya W
Shay B, Guest Relations Manager at The Egg & I, responded to this reviewResponded 26 January 2017

Thank you for your recent visit and for this feedback. We sincerely apologize for the experience you describe here. We take our service and food very seriously and it is upsetting to know this is how your visit went. Thank you for taking the time to share your concerns - we will address them immediately. We do hope you give us another try in the future.

Reviewed 4 December 2016

This was our last meal in San Antonio and it was excellent. We had the typical breakfast fare, eggs, coffee, bacon and pancakes. The portions were large, the food was hot and tasted great!! The service was excellent! We left San Antonio full, satisfied and happy!!

1  Thank will h
Egg P, Guest Relations Manager at The Egg & I, responded to this reviewResponded 7 December 2016

Thanks for the awesome review! We're happy to hear that you had an excellent experience with us and that you enjoyed your meal. We can't wait to see you again soon!

Reviewed 18 October 2016 via mobile

Ate breakfast and enjoyed the coffee and food. Had the Mexican skillet with green chile sauce, chorizo sausage and potatoes with tomato's / onion and cheese with floor tortillas the service was good and price comparable to any breakfast cafe.
My only beef is that they open at 7:00 am and not 6:00 am, Usually at work by 7:00 am.

Egg P, Guest Relations Manager at The Egg & I, responded to this reviewResponded 9 November 2016

Thanks so much! We're happy to hear that you enjoyed your Mexican Skillet and that you received great service during your visit as well. We can't wait to see you again soon!

Reviewed 15 October 2016 via mobile

Great place for the whole family to have a nice breakfast or lunch. Home style atmosphere with unique and classic food choices (healthy options as well). The server was enthusiastic and did an excellent job.

Egg P, Guest Relations Manager at The Egg & I, responded to this reviewResponded 3 November 2016

Thanks for the great review, Andrew! We're happy to hear that you enjoy our atmosphere and delicious menu options. It is great to know that you always experience excellent service during your visits as well. We can't wait to see you again soon!

Reviewed 19 September 2016

Always enjoy coming to this restaurant for breakfast. The staff is great, food and coffee always HOT. Restaurant is clean. Easy to get to. It is worth the visit. Their two egg breakfast is the one you want.

Egg P, Guest Relations Manager at The Egg & I, responded to this reviewResponded 22 September 2016

Thanks for the great review! We're happy to hear that you always have a great experience with us and that the staff is awesome as well. We can't wait to see you again soon!