7 people are viewing this hotel
Comfort SuitesUS$108
PricelineUS$108
Lol.travelUS$120
1,356 results
All reviews georgia rios food and beverage manager choice hotels waffles homeless people free breakfast alamo riverwalk overpass downtown texas couch
Selected filters
Reviewed 15 June 2022 via mobile

Georgia Rios was present at breakfast every morning ensuring her guests had all that they needed. She was always very sweet and polite! The proximity to downtown was great, will definitely come back here!

Date of stay: June 2022
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 May 2022

I brought 33 choir members to stay here on a choir tour and will absolutely be back. With rooms that slept 6 for the cost of a 4 occupancy room, the savings was a huge help for us and no one had any complaint. They loved the pool and were very comfortable sleeping 6 to a room. Bus parking and free breakfast! This is a real find.
Honestly - I wouldn't walk to downtown locations after dark, but during the day is just fine and the hotel can't do anything about that. I felt completely safe while on the property.

Date of stay: May 2022
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 26 April 2022

The customer service is good, the breakfast was good, the room was way too dark, not enough lighting. If you walk to the Riverwalk, it'd not that close, there are a few homeless people under the bridge which you have to go through to get to Riverwalk. The beds are not made up but they bring clean towels.

Date of stay: April 2022
1  Thank donavan04
Reviewed 24 January 2022

After I booked, I read horror stories in the exaggerated reviews. It was like this hotel was set off in a rundown neighborhood alone and I would be risking my life to stay there. Is there a homeless camp nearby, yes but they weren't that close to the hotel or the parking which was fenced off even under the bridge. We went out at night and homeless were wandering a little but it was a couple blocks from the hotel. And this hotel is right in among the rest so if this one is bad because the neighborhood then they all are. Now about the facilities, the room was clean and nice. We had a great view of the Alamodome and the Tower of the Americas. The hotel was close to the alamo and riverwalk. We didn't walk over because we got to San Antonio in the morning and di all that before check in. If you book a room, there may be a charge for parking. I didn't have to because I asked maybe or because I have elite status as a Choice Rewards member ..... I don't know the reason, but I wasn't charged. The hotel was in good shape for its age. Why only a four.... Not the quality of breakfast I have come to expect from Choice Hotels. For eggs there was some kind of heated up previously frozen omelet, the sausage links were okay but not too hot. Of course, the Texas shaped waffle was fine.

Room tip: from floor four... room 420 we had a great view of the Tower of the Americas which was neat at night
Date of stay: January 2022
3  Thank Rick B
Reviewed 25 November 2021

Horrible and dirty, my 3 month old got bit by bed bugs. The sheets has stains on them and seemed as if they never changed them to begin with. They offered us a new room but have yet to fumigate the room or our belongings that are in the room.

Date of stay: November 2021