“Poor Service”

Omni San Antonio Hotel
Ranked #21 of 358 Hotels in San Antonio
Reviewed 30 July 2017

We reserved a room there for 7/22 (Saturday) and arrived at 2:45, 15 minutes before check in and tried to check in so we could get some rest and brush up before our dinner engagement. The clerk advised us that the room was not ready and that they would call my cell phone. We sat there in the lobby until 4:18 when I received at a text advising us that the room was now ready. No one on the staff offered an apology and left the keys in a express box. I advised the clerk nearest the box that the service was unacceptable, that this type of service was more indicative of a cheap hotel rather than a 4 star.I also informed him that Saturday must be the busiest day of the week with visitors and tourists coming in from out of town and for them not to have the rooms ready by 3 pm for all guests was an absolute travesty. I emailed the corporate office in Dallas with the information and again several days later.. No one from their corporate office ever bothered to call back and apologize so I can only assume that could care less about customer service as well. We ended up being late for our engagement as a result which was an embarrassment.

Room Tip: Call before you arrive to ensure you won't have to wait to get into your room
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank gabe1217
Doak W, General Manager at Omni San Antonio Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2017

gabe1217,
Thank you for taking valuable time to provide feedback regarding your recent stay with us. Please accept our most sincere apologies for your arrival experience. I understand that there was a delay during your arrival process; there is no excuse for the frustration this caused you and yours. We are truly sorry and hope that this did not detract from your overall experience as our guest. I truly regret that we failed to meet your expectations as well as our own on this occasion. Thank you for your feedback and again, please accept our most sincere apologies.
Regards,
Doak W

Write a ReviewReviews (2,101)

Reviewed 27 July 2017 via mobile

Great hotel and beds!!!
Complimentary bottled water and additional sink and make up area in our room-

Coffee delivered punctually to the door . We will try to revisit once in San Antonio again, one of my favorite cities!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 July 2017

The hotel it's self was okay my first room was very old and was not so fresh. The tub had hair in it and shower was broken. The staff did promptly take care of me and my child moved us to another room with no questions they also were very apologetic.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Omni Hotels & Resorts
Reviewed 26 July 2017

Take it we didn't have reservations and more importantly, my parents were looking for a nice place to stay for a couple of days as my father had some tested done at the near by Medical Center. I spent most of the days and early evening with them at the hotel and it's atmosphere was extremely welcoming and hospitable.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Omni Hotels & Resorts
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 25 July 2017 via mobile

Booked a reservation a month in advance and got the room I wanted with a beautiful view on two sides of the room. I spoke to Richard about setting something up for my girlfriend for my birthday and he was extremely helpful and kind on the phone. He offered to set up my room with a bottle of wine and some macrons on the hotel and I asked for rose petal decor! He only charged me for the price of the petals and it was all set up beautifully. The rooms are a little older but nonetheless nice and the ambiance of the hotel is amazing! Definitely would come back again and would recommend it to others

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple