We really enjoyed the location off the beaten path, about 15 min walk along the river or 10 min walk down Navarro St. to the downtown business district. Blue trolley and bus stops around the corner, too, and $ 4.- all day bus pass available. Remodeled in modern style bright colors and very clean; comfortable bed. We stayed in 228, a king bed river view room, which was spacious and had a refrigerator but no microwave. Good sized bathroom with large shower. I would strongly suggest this type of room since the cheaper rooms have views of a bleak industrial neighborhood and seem to be much smaller. Did not eat at the hotel restaurants, since all kinds of great options available on the central river walk, see those reviews.This is an "animal friendly" facility. We saw one dog on the patio once. We did not find any animal hair and did not hear any dogs barking during our stay. The outdoor pool is tiny.
1. Several front office staff were quite quite rude.
2. Cigarette smoke from the patio drifts up to the balconies.
3. Noise from a bar across the river was unbearable the first night. We called the front office and were blown off, but noise stopped just a few minutes later and did not bother us again for the rest of our week long stay.
4. Construction noise from the Municipial Auditorium construction site did not bother us at all.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome the Hotel Indigo San Antonio Riverwalk, an intriguing branded boutique hotel delivering peace and renewal to people who are tired of mundane cookie-cutter hotels. Meandering along the threshold of the Riverwalk in the downtown area you will find yourself close by the Museum of Art, Alamo, El Mercado, Southwest School of Arts & Crafts, Rivercenter Mall, Henry B. Gonzales Convention Center, Alamodome, Municipal Auditorium, and Majestic Theater. Local businesses include AT&T, Baptist Hospital, Methodist Healthcare Systems, Fort Sam Houston, Brooke Army Medical Center, Kelly USA, and Lackland AFB. Imagine a 100% smoke free, sophisticated boutique hotel, whose focus is delivering guest peace, serenity and renewal. Experience true Texas hospitality at this jewel just a short stroll to restaurants and bars. Hotel Indigo offers a blend of modern contemporary living with the best in hotel hospitality. Curl up in our over-sized beds with plush bedding, duvets, pillow shams and fluffy pillows. Complimentary WiFi is at your fingertips. Relax and enjoy our Bridges Bar & Bistro for cutting edge cuisine or grab a latte where we proudly brew coffee from a local company. The Hotel Indigo San Antonio Riverwalk has been designed as an oasis for travelers who yearn for an escape from the common hotel, but still need the convenience of a fitness center, pool and restaurant. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), IHG, Expedia, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Hotels.com, HotelQuickly and Traveltool, S.L.U. so you can book your Hotel Indigo San Antonio Riverwalk reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hawthorn Suites San Antonio
- San Antonio Hawthorn Suites