Lowest prices for your stay
US$129
US$112
Expedia.comUS$116
PricelineUS$116
TravelocityUS$116
All reviews residence inn two bedroom suite the river walk waffles full size fridge walking distance front desk staff convention center home away from home valet service self park valet parking market square alamo sherry downtown lita
Selected filters
Reviewed 5 September 2022 via mobile

The staff were attentive, a very friendly atmosphere.
The room was well maintained we got a very spacious room. They offered valet parking in which they did a great job having our vehicle on time. ❤️

Date of stay: September 2022
Trip type: Travelled with family
Dusty Smith, General Manager at Sonesta ES Suites San Antonio Downtown Alamo Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded 15 September 2022

Thank you for your kind review. Please come back soon.

Reviewed 26 August 2022 via mobile

We stayed here for a whole month while my fiancé was working at the on-base hospital. I tagged along and spent most of the month working remote from the hotel. Staff was so friendly and kind. Always welcoming you back when you return the the hotel. Highly recommend!!

Date of stay: August 2022
Trip type: Travelled on business
Dusty Smith, General Manager at Sonesta ES Suites San Antonio Downtown Alamo Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2022

Thank you so much for staying with us and for this kind and generous review. Please come back soon! I will share with the team. Safe travels!

Reviewed 6 August 2022 via mobile

I seriously do not do reviews… Unless… I am upset or extremely pleased. I believe you’ll be able to tell what type of review this is at the end……or before

I have stayed at many a hotel throughout my life, but this one was over the top!
My cousins and I had planned to go to the 78th International General Assembly for the Church of God. It was three of us women and we needed a specific type of room. I found a two bedroom suite with two full baths and a kitchenette/ living room combined. Price was very comparable. They accommodated us with a view of downtown and the night view was simply beautiful. The sunrise was magnificent as well!
From the time I made the reservation, back in March of 2022, I knew that the people were going to be special. Jenna was the first person I actually spoke to over the phone. She helped me understand exactly what the room offered and it met our needs to a T.
When we arrived the young ladies at the front desk were so pleasant. From the first day to the last we met so many different young ladies who worked there, at the front desk and I want to mention them and I hope I don’t forget anyone’s name… There was Mercedes, Desiree, Monica, Maysa,Maria,(It was really hard keeping all the ‘M’s’ straight (don’t forget Jenna too!) there were also a couple of gentlemen outside who did the car valet. I don’t recall the one gentleman‘s name, but he was so helpful. One night he ran all the way down the street to check out a parking lot for us late one night and ran all the way back! I’ll never forget it. His name I don’t recall but he did have curly/reddish blonde hair. Thank you for what you did! There was also another gentleman who was talking to us about Corpus Christi where he would go fishing and he was giving us some highlights of the place that we would be visiting the next day. Thank you as well!
The kitchen staff who prepared such a wonderful breakfast every morning and kept things supplied/filled. They had a lot of people to deal with and I always saw a pleasant smile on their faces. Wonderful job! The two ladies that I encountered from housekeeping on our 12th floor… Great job… You’re outstanding!
I want to give many many “Thank you’s” to the efficiency and pleasantness (is there such a word?) to the staff that worked there. (even though I don’t recall some of their names, I’m sure you as their managers will recognize who they are so please recognize them along with the ones whose names I did not forget!)
This was an extremely busy time of year(July24-29) and not once did I see/hear any of the staff become annoyed in any way shape or form to anyone. No matter how they were treated. You have a wonderful staff there. Don’t lose them!
If I am ever to go to San Antonio again this is the ONLY placeI will consider staying.
SONESTA ES Alamo Plaza

Thank you again… For everything! I will never forget you. Most of all I will keep you in my prayers
Miss Jackie
(#1211)

Date of stay: July 2022
Trip type: Travelled with family
Dusty Smith, General Manager at Sonesta ES Suites San Antonio Downtown Alamo Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2022

Miss Jackie! Thank you so very much for this very kind and generous review. I will definitely share with the staff and have already shared with my leader, and she has shared with her leaders. What a great way to start a weekend. Thank you so much and be assured that I will recognize the mentioned and un mentioned employees that took part in the mentions in your review. Again, thank you so much and please come back soon... and please tell some friends. We humbly accept your compliments. Thanks so much!

Reviewed 28 July 2022

We had such a great stay! All the staff were so friendly and welcoming. A shout out to Maria at the front desk for our fun talks, and Sherry, Jazelle, Tania and David who always fed us such great breakfasts and took time out of their busy morning to chat with us. Everyone went above and beyond to ensure our stay was as wonderful as possible. We had a one bedroom suite which was very spacious, and we loved having a kitchenette with full size fridge, and access to a bbq down by the pool. Lots of great memories made here! Great location, close to lots of 'must sees' such as the river walk and Alamo. If ever we find ourselves in San Antonio again, we will be sure to stay here again!

Date of stay: March 2022
Dusty Smith, General Manager at Sonesta ES Suites San Antonio Downtown Alamo Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2022

Thank you so much for this kind review. I will share with our entire staff and specially recognize María, Sherry, Jazelle, Tania, and David. I’m lucky to work with them! Please come back soon!

Reviewed 25 July 2022

Staying here for a lengthy 4 months: Maysa, Maria, and Meka made this stay so easy and enjoyable. With their great attitudes and smiles. These members of the Staff are the reason I would stay again. All around great staff! Thank you greatly!

Date of stay: March 2022
Trip type: Travelled on business
Dusty Smith, General Manager at Sonesta ES Suites San Antonio Downtown Alamo Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2022

Thank you for the kind and generous review and for singling out these 3 fine individuals. I will make a big deal out of this! Much appreciation for staying with us for your extended stay! It was a joy for the staff to host you. Thanks so much!