“Better than what I expected”
Review of River Walk

River Walk
Ranked #1 of 286 things to do in San Antonio
More attraction details
Owner description: The Paseo del Rio is San Antonio's favorite attraction. You can shop, dine, lounge in a cafe, or simply stroll along and let the strumming mariachi soothe your spirit.
Reviewed 20 November 2017

I didn't know what to expect. But on a warm sunny day, with not too many people, I really enjoyed the ambience of the Riverwalk. The cafes, the shops and the canals reminded me of Amsterdam a little. Taking the boat tour is good as it gives you an oversight of the Riverwalk.

1  Thank Mulan H
Write a ReviewReviews (22,774)
All reviews
in 551 reviews
"barge"
in 333 reviews

Reviewed 20 November 2017 via mobile

We walked at night and again in the day. It is a fun and vibrant place to be. Can be a little busy at night but that added to the vibe.

A must visit attraction when in San Antonio.

Reviewed 19 November 2017 via mobile

We visit all downtown River Walk,Pearl Brewery, all the club with all sorts of music. We love to visit new clubs and restaurants that have music and great fresh made drinks.

Reviewed 19 November 2017

We went on a Friday and spent the day exploring. It was busy but not so that we were bumping into people or having to walk very slowly behind a crowd. We then went over on Saturday for dinner and the place was crazy. We did enjoy walking and viewing all the shops and restaurants. The only thing we did not like was the restaurants had employees standing outside bothering you to try to get you to eat at their restaurant,

1  Thank beaujolias3
See more reviews
Reviewed 19 November 2017 via mobile

I have visited the Riverwalk many times.

We were visiting a small town near San Antonio for a weekend wedding and my teenage daughter suggested we go to the Riverwalk.

My immediate response was negative. I just felt like I had been there, done that & it was getting a little seedy as I recalled.

After visiting once again, I have to say that my love of the San Antonio Riverwalk has been renewed!!

It looked good. It was clean.

This was a Sunday morning visit with crisp cool weather, just before Thanksgiving.

Lots of families.

We took the boat tour. They have brand new boats. The guide pointed out a nice mix of history and quirky details. Fun facts for everyone.

Everything was as charming as I remembered, if not more so.

Kudos to San Antonio for its history and charm.

They will be celebrating 300 years next year.

I recommend visiting earlier on a Sunday, to avoid some of the rowdiness of the evenings.

Beautiful during holiday season.