“Visit on Weekday if possilbe”
Review of River Walk

River Walk
Ranked #1 of 225 things to do in San Antonio
More attraction details
Owner description: The Paseo del Rio is San Antonio's favorite attraction. You can shop, dine, lounge in a cafe, or simply stroll along and let the strumming mariachi soothe your spirit.
Reviewed 19 November 2017

We went on a Friday and spent the day exploring. It was busy but not so that we were bumping into people or having to walk very slowly behind a crowd. We then went over on Saturday for dinner and the place was crazy. We did enjoy walking and viewing all the shops and restaurants. The only thing we did not like was the restaurants had employees standing outside bothering you to try to get you to eat at their restaurant,

1  Thank beaujolias3
Write a ReviewReviews (23,404)
All reviews
in 653 reviews
"alamo"
in 1,434 reviews

Reviewed 19 November 2017 via mobile

I have visited the Riverwalk many times.

We were visiting a small town near San Antonio for a weekend wedding and my teenage daughter suggested we go to the Riverwalk.

My immediate response was negative. I just felt like I had been there, done that & it was getting a little seedy as I recalled.

After visiting once again, I have to say that my love of the San Antonio Riverwalk has been renewed!!

It looked good. It was clean.

This was a Sunday morning visit with crisp cool weather, just before Thanksgiving.

Lots of families.

We took the boat tour. They have brand new boats. The guide pointed out a nice mix of history and quirky details. Fun facts for everyone.

Everything was as charming as I remembered, if not more so.

Kudos to San Antonio for its history and charm.

They will be celebrating 300 years next year.

I recommend visiting earlier on a Sunday, to avoid some of the rowdiness of the evenings.

Beautiful during holiday season.

Reviewed 19 November 2017 via mobile

What a great area to walk around. The history and scenery and people in this area are so great. Beautiful location to take a stroll, have a bite to eat and a drink, relax and enjoy.

Reviewed 19 November 2017

We only had a day and so much to see! I highly recommend taking the river cruise! So much to do and see!