“Exceptional Cocktails”

Ranked #12 of 230 Restaurants in Salem
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We probably had one to many but the cocktails were great! Atmosphere at first floor bar was great and toward the end of the night got really intimate. We went downstairs and there was live music but didn't want to pay and watch so we stayed at the top bar. Overall fun time!

Mark M, Manager at Opus, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Hi Erianne87,

Thank you so much for the 5 stars and kind review. We are so glad to read you enjoyed our creative cocktails. Upstairs is always a great place to visit and the Underground has shows Wednesday through Saturday with cover charges that range from free to $12. We look forward to seeing you soon.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

As always Opus does not disappoint as far as the food and the hostesses at the door were fantastic. We had the fried pickles, chicken wings, falafel, steak, hamburgers and salmon and all was fantastic. The prices are average. If you have a lot of time to hang around this is the restaurant for you. The service takes forever and we would probably have ordered a lot more drinks but the waiter did not return to our table often enough. One tip - stay AWAY from Opus during Haunted Halloween if you are in a group!

Reviewed 12 October 2018 via mobile

Great food but they forgot to feed me...on my birthday. I came in crying. They put me in a corner booth. They then Left me alone for 10 minutes before asking if I wanted a drink. I did and also ordered food. They came out with a dessert menu 15 minutes later, which was weird because I hadn't been served. They knew the girl in tears was having her birthday there, so dessert to get me out earlier? After 45 minutes, I asked the couple by the window if they had eaten. They offered me their dessert. Once staff heard "it's my birthday, I'm not tipping them", they came over with my cake. I asked where my dinner was. "You ordered food?" "Yeah. When you asked if I was hungry. Almost an hour ago". They offered to take it off my bill, which is why they get 1 star. Terrible service. Will not go back.

Mark M, General Manager at Opus, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

We are very sorry you didn't enjoy Opus the way we intended, especially on your birthday. It sounds like several things upset you during your visit and we are addressing each and every one of them.

Kindly,

Ceni Qoshja

Reviewed 15 September 2018 via mobile

Stopped in for a drink but we ended up ordering appetizers. The place is elegantly decorated with cool lighting. Nice place to hang out and listen to live bands in the basement. We ordered the Korean beef, octopus salad and tuna tartare appetizers. All three were marvelous and we wished that each one of us had ordered our own. The cocktail list is extensive and the bartenders are very creative.

Mark M, General Manager at Opus, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2018

Hi Gamenh,

Thank you so much for the 5 stars and great review. I'm so glad to read you enjoyed both our food and drink selections. I must admit the "Asian American Fusion with a Chic Vibe" is one of the best descriptions I've read about our eclectic creative space. Our fall menu will be out soon with some great items sure to impress! We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 25 August 2018 via mobile

This is a stylish yet casual restaurant in downtown Salem. The bar scene is excellent, and the downstairs bar with live music is quite good too. The food is very good, and the service is too.

Try the fried pickle chips. They are the best I have ever had.

Mark M, Manager at Opus, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2018

Hi Mark,

Thank you so much for the 4 stars and great review. We are so glad to read you enjoyed the bar and the underground. The fried pickles are one of the newer items on the menu and have quickly become a fan favorite! We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Opus

Been to Opus? Share your experiences!