“Good ”

Price range: US$0 - US$20
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Bar Scene
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Located in Historic downtown Salem since 1996, and completely renovated in 2011, Salem Beer Works offers 15 freshly brewed beers on tap each day. Our outdoor patio is open during the warmer months.
Reviewed 16 October 2018 via mobile

Good beer on the main drag . A nice pit stop .
Atmosphere is good and perfect spot to stop and rest a while .

JoeS6161, Owner at Beerworks No. 2 Salem, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Thanks for leaving a review! Glad to hear you enjoyed your visit.

Reviewed 16 October 2018 via mobile

Worth a stop if in town. Plenty of beer on tap, lots of room, good menu. Haddock sandwich was awesome, Pig Pig Cheese Cheese was pulled pork and cream cheese yummy. Service was fast and helpful at the bar.

AdventureswithDougandJackie

1  Thank DougandJ

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review! We're glad to hear you enjoyed your visit.

Reviewed 15 October 2018 via mobile

Good service. Great beers and mixed drinks and a great mix of types of seating from booths and tables to high tops! Highly recommend!

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review! So glad you enjoyed your visit and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 8 October 2018

It is a busy place on a Saturday night. The service was very good. The food was good. The beer was meh.

JoeS6161, Manager at Beerworks No. 2 Salem, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2018

We're glad you enjoyed your meal! We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 7 October 2018

We did our annual October visit to Salem MA, and decided to try out Salem Beer Works -- we are glad we tried it!

ATMOSPHERE: Inside was fun and lively (young crowd for sure), but VERY loud. So we sat outside -- the temp outside was about 58 or so, which normally would have been chilly, but they had very large heaters over each table, and there was very little wind outside, so it was perfect! We overlooked a fun street, with lots of fun passer-bys. And of course there was a roaming (outside, not part of the restaurant) electric-violin player, that could have been annoying, but he luckily didn't bug us, lol.

FOOD:
-Pre-dinner, we got the Greek Salad, which was fresh, with Feta Cheese, Kalamata olives, and we loved it!
-For dinner, I had the Pan Roasted Salmon (cooked perfectly by the way, with a "Malt Dusting" that I loved -- it was different, but very tasty for sure!), with Jasmine Rice (it was good too), Broccolini (average flavoring -- could have used some flavorings with it), and Cilantro Fruit Salad (that side is served cold, and had a very nice flavor to it).
-I also got a small plate of very tasty Turkey Tips (GREAT price of only $11 for that, and it was a small dinner actually - I thought it would just be a side, for that price, but it was more = see pictures attached). They were marinated (great sauce, but not overkill for sure), and grilled (my favorite), along with some of the TASTIEST "Griddled" Cornbread I ever had. It also had sides of Jasmine Rice and Green Beans (average tasting - could have used some flavoring with them - and they replaced the Broccolini, which the restaurant had run out of).
-And my lovely wife got the Beer Works (BWX) Shrimp Stir Fry (with Snap Peas, Red Pepper, Mushrooms, Shrimp, Sesame & Ginger Sauce) -- she liked it (I thought is was good, but a tad average -- I loved my stuff better).

BEVERAGES: I got some seltzer to start (good), and then I got an amazingly tasty (and different) Pumpkin Ale, with Cinnamon-sugar on the rim = this is highly recommended -- don't skip getting this - it was SUPER! And my wife got the white wine, which she also enjoyed.

STAFF: We loved our waiter -- he was from the Ukraine, and he called himself "V" for short, since he apparently had a long Russian name, of which I can't recall. He was friendly, customer-focused, and an excellent server. There were other waiters there that were helpful too, but they were "too helpful" -- they cleared my wife's silverware. after the salad, and when her dinner came, she could not eat it for several minutes. Luckily V came along with silverware, to save the day. But if the roaming helper-waiters clear the silverware mid-meal, they should replace it right away....

PRICES: VERY good, surprisingly! You could get a small portion of most dinners, for a very decent price! Even the big portion dinners were surprisingly decent-priced as well. See my note on the Turkey Tip pricing above (nicely priced!)

So we DO recommend this place -- stop by to get some great food, and especially great beer, with very friendly service too!

Thank you for the detailed review! We are glad to hear you enjoyed your visit to Beerworks. We hope to see you again soon.

Been to Beerworks No. 2 Salem? Share your experiences!