New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

“Pleasantly surprised” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Morning Glory Bed & Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Morning Glory Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 9 Salem B&B and Inns
Toronto, Canada
“Pleasantly surprised”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2012

Based on the Tripadvisor reviews, I knew this was the place to be in Salem, but I since I am a vegan on a whole-foods diet, I never expect to eat much at B&Bs as they are typically loaded with sugary baked goods and cereals.I gave them a head's up to see if I could just get plain cooked oatmeal but when I got there, Marcel asked if a baked oatmeal with soymilk, nuts, coconut and fruit would be ok. Turned out it was fabulous and I was incredibly appreciative of the special breakfast for me. Along with some herbal tea, I was a happy camper.

Other amenities I really appreciated: small bar fridge in the common room to store some produce, a computer with printer, single serve coffee and a microwave to make some herbal tea any time throughout the day. We stayed in the Bridget Bishop room which was a bit tight with out luggage but no complaints. The walls are a bit thin, though, as we could hear the tv from our neighbours.

Bob and Marcel went out of their way to give us an enjoyable experience and we recommend their B&B in an instant.

2 Thank Janet M
BobMarcel, Owner at Morning Glory Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, 5 March 2012
Hi guys and thank you so very much for posting such a wonderful review of your stay to TripAdvisor! We are happy to hear that you found Morning Glory equipped with every amenity you could think of to make your get-away 'fabulous'! We are equally happy to hear that we were able, not only to meet your individual dietary breakfast needs, but to surpass your expectations. We try hard to accommodate the needs of each and every guest in order to make their stay with us a memorable one. We send you both our very best and look forward to having you come and stay with us again!

Bob & Marcel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (198)
Saint Joseph, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2012

We were met at the door by Marcel to which he would not allow us to so much as carry our bags upstairs; Marcel is of very quick wit and made us feel as though we were the best of old friends. Our room was Rebecca Nurse and it is a very nice cozy room with the most well cared for antique furnishings as I've ever seen. A nice fireplace with two comfy sitting chairs makes for a pleasant and relaxing place to unwind. I had read that Morning Glory was kept neat as a pin well that is not true... This place is kept absolutely spotlessly clean; so clean that that the 5 second rule could be extended to 5 hours. Even the bedding was so crisp and clean that the pillows in the closet are as fresh as a daisy. The raves about Marcel's Chessy Bread are not an exaggeration at all and the other breads were also fabulous too. Every morning we were treated to the most delicious of foods that were obviously prepared with skill and caring. Bob and I enjoyed a fun conversation as we compared our seafaring experiences as he and I are both Merchant Seaman. Only cravat I had was that the heat made lots of clinking noise as hot water passed through the baseboard heat and this kept waking us up on our first night in the room; but by the 2nd & 3rd nights it was a fun thing to hear. I don't know if we will be back to the area anytime soon but we would definitely stay here again and again.

1 Thank Teecro
BobMarcel, Owner at Morning Glory Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, 25 February 2012
Hi Tony and many thanks for your extraordinary review of our B&B! We take our work very seriously and so when one compliments us on a job well done, we truly appreciate it! Thank you for all of your kind words. I too enjoyed sharing our stories, Tony, as Merchant Marines at the breakfast table. And by the way, earlier today I bled the air out of the heating line to the Rebecca Nurse room and the heating runs quietly now. Thank you for your constructive words. Wishing you and Vay all the very best and we hope that you can visit with us again!

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2012

Great location, immaculate rooms, friendly innkeepers! My husband and I stayed in the Sarah Good suite and it was fantastic. The place is so cute with current updates but the charm of a traditional period B&B. We couldn't be happier and will definitely stay again on our next trip to the Boston area. Bob and Marcel are gracious hosts, friendly, but not intrusive. If you visit Salem, you must stay here- you will not be disappointed!

• 5 of 5 bubbles
BobMarcel, Owner at Morning Glory Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, 24 February 2012
Hi Tracy and many thanks for your glowing review! So happy you enjoyed your stay in the third floor, Sarah Good Suite! Although our home is over 200 years old, the Suite, which encompasses the entire third floor with its own private sitting room, comes equipped with a refigerator, Keurig coffee machine and flat screen tv, providing guests with all of the modern day conveniences. We are thrilled that you found our location, just steps from Salem Harbor, ideal and your surroundings spoltless. We truly appreciate your kind words and look forward to seeing you again! Our very best to you both!

New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2012

I couldn't say one negative thing about my stay if I wanted to. I stayed in the Rebecca Nurse room this past Friday and my experience was nothing short of wonderful. The room was very cozily set up and decorated beautifully. Marcel and Bob were genuinely nice people and made the stay a more pleasant one. Marcel's pancakes and homemade cheese-bread was to die for! This was by far the best B&B I've stayed at and look forward to visiting again.

1 Thank 13stars
We thank you very much for posting such a positive review of Morning Glory! We are so happy that you had such a wonderful experience and that you plan on returning to our B&B upon your next visit to Salem! Thank you as well for your compliments on Marcel's crepes and cheese bread!...you made his day! :) We send you both our very best and look forward to your return!

Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 February 2012

We'll be back. No doubt about it. Bob and Marcel have created a superb home for themselves and all of their guests. More than a home away from home!

1 Thank Andrew02130
BobMarcel, Owner at Morning Glory Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, 15 February 2012
Hi Andrew and thank you very much for your concise yet flattering review of your stay here at Morning Glory! Having read that you found Morning Glory to be more than a home away from home, certainly put a smile on our faces! Thank you Andrew for that lovely compliment! We look forward to having you both come and stay with us again; hopefully for a longer stay next time around! We send you both our very best!

Bob & Marcel
Also consider these accommodations in or near Salem
0.5 km away
0.9 km away
The Merchant
The Merchant
#2 of 9 in Salem

Been to Morning Glory Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!