Morning Glory Bed & Breakfast
Orbitz.com
US$161
Courtyard
US$233
Wylie Inn and Conference Center(Beverly)(Great Value!)
US$160
US$145
US$191
Econo Lodge(Danvers)
TripAdvisor
1,361 results
All reviewscheese breadbob shearebecca nurse roomrooftop deckcommon roomother guestswithin walking distanceplace to staygranolathought of everythingwonderful hostssitting roomnew englandsalem ferrybreakfast was delicioustop floorthird floor
Reviewed 23 February 2012

We were met at the door by Marcel to which he would not allow us to so much as carry our bags upstairs; Marcel is of very quick wit and made us feel as though we were the best of old friends. Our room was Rebecca Nurse and it is a very nice cozy room with the most well cared for antique furnishings as I've ever seen. A nice fireplace with two comfy sitting chairs makes for a pleasant and relaxing place to unwind. I had read that Morning Glory was kept neat as a pin well that is not true... This place is kept absolutely spotlessly clean; so clean that that the 5 second rule could be extended to 5 hours. Even the bedding was so crisp and clean that the pillows in the closet are as fresh as a daisy. The raves about Marcel's Chessy Bread are not an exaggeration at all and the other breads were also fabulous too. Every morning we were treated to the most delicious of foods that were obviously prepared with skill and caring. Bob and I enjoyed a fun conversation as we compared our seafaring experiences as he and I are both Merchant Seaman. Only cravat I had was that the heat made lots of clinking noise as hot water passed through the baseboard heat and this kept waking us up on our first night in the room; but by the 2nd & 3rd nights it was a fun thing to hear. I don't know if we will be back to the area anytime soon but we would definitely stay here again and again.

1  Thank Teecro
BobMarcel, Owner at Morning Glory Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2012

Hi Tony and many thanks for your extraordinary review of our B&B! We take our work very seriously and so when one compliments us on a job well done, we truly appreciate it! Thank you for all of your kind words. I too enjoyed sharing our stories, Tony, as Merchant Marines at the breakfast table. And by the way, earlier today I bled the air out of the heating line to the Rebecca Nurse room and the heating runs quietly now. Thank you for your constructive words. Wishing you and Vay all the very best and we hope that you can visit with us again!

Reviewed 20 February 2012

Great location, immaculate rooms, friendly innkeepers! My husband and I stayed in the Sarah Good suite and it was fantastic. The place is so cute with current updates but the charm of a traditional period B&B. We couldn't be happier and will definitely stay again on our next trip to the Boston area. Bob and Marcel are gracious hosts, friendly, but not intrusive. If you visit Salem, you must stay here- you will not be disappointed!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
BobMarcel, Owner at Morning Glory Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2012

Hi Tracy and many thanks for your glowing review! So happy you enjoyed your stay in the third floor, Sarah Good Suite! Although our home is over 200 years old, the Suite, which encompasses the entire third floor with its own private sitting room, comes equipped with a refigerator, Keurig coffee machine and flat screen tv, providing guests with all of the modern day conveniences. We are thrilled that you found our location, just steps from Salem Harbor, ideal and your surroundings spoltless. We truly appreciate your kind words and look forward to seeing you again! Our very best to you both!

Reviewed 20 February 2012

I couldn't say one negative thing about my stay if I wanted to. I stayed in the Rebecca Nurse room this past Friday and my experience was nothing short of wonderful. The room was very cozily set up and decorated beautifully. Marcel and Bob were genuinely nice people and made the stay a more pleasant one. Marcel's pancakes and homemade cheese-bread was to die for! This was by far the best B&B I've stayed at and look forward to visiting again.

1  Thank 13stars

We thank you very much for posting such a positive review of Morning Glory! We are so happy that you had such a wonderful experience and that you plan on returning to our B&B upon your next visit to Salem! Thank you as well for your compliments on Marcel's crepes and cheese bread!...you made his day! :) We send you both our very best and look forward to your return!

Reviewed 11 February 2012

We'll be back. No doubt about it. Bob and Marcel have created a superb home for themselves and all of their guests. More than a home away from home!

1  Thank Andrew02130
BobMarcel, Owner at Morning Glory Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 15 February 2012

Hi Andrew and thank you very much for your concise yet flattering review of your stay here at Morning Glory! Having read that you found Morning Glory to be more than a home away from home, certainly put a smile on our faces! Thank you Andrew for that lovely compliment! We look forward to having you both come and stay with us again; hopefully for a longer stay next time around! We send you both our very best!

Reviewed 6 February 2012

After a long ride from NJ, we were greeted by one of the Inn keeper's parents. We were welcomed so warmly, we felt as if we were visiting relatives. My husband and I stayed 2 nights in the Sara Good suite. To say this B&B was clean is an understatement; it is immaculate. I am never comfortable anywhere we go because I am a 'germaphobe'. I usually never take my shoes off and avoid sitting on furniture. Well, this suite was SO clean, I felt like I was home! The wood floors were squeaky clean.

The bedroom is a nice size with an armoire for hanging your clothes (also with extra pillows and another comforter). There is a comfy chair in the bedroom as well. There is a thermostat to control your own heat. Bob's dad told us their mattresses were custom made and, truly, those were the best nights' sleep I had in a long time (I have fibromyalgia and many mattresses make the pain worse - theirs did not!)

Normally, I try to touch as little in a bathroom as possible; this bathroom was spotless. I hate icky bars of soap and they have an on-wall soap dispenser. The shower stall also contained dispensers for soap and shampoo. Yes, I inspected the shower and it was glistening. I normally shower standing on a towel or wearing flip-flops but didn't need to here. Every detail was thought of by the inn keepers from air freshener spray to dark face cloths for those of us who wear make-up. There is a nice sky-light in the bathroom as well.

Continuing through the bathroom you enter a nice-sized sitting room with a couch, two chairs, 2 ottomans, television, small refrigerator stocked with water and coffee station (the k-cup kind). I did not hesitate at all to settle in and crochet in the evenings and that says A LOT. The suite is on the 3rd floor of the inn and is very private with its own entrance from the lot, up the stairs, onto your private patio. The patio has a water view and is very large. I would like to visit again when it is warmer so we can sit out there in the evening.

Breakfast was delicious! We had yogurt with yummy homemade granola, fruit salad, cereal, their famous cheese bread (toast it with butter!), coffee (they have decaf), and Bob's mom made some delicious bundt cakes. What sweet, kind people Bob's parents are, by the way.

I accidentally left my favorite pair of dress pants in the armoire and Bob graciously mailed them back to me. I cannot say enough wonderful things about Morning Glory. I highly recommend this B&B and we will be visiting them again this spring. Thank you for making our long weekend a comfortable and pleasurable one!!

((I was very candid in my review because I know there are many germaphobes out there who, like me, want the REAL low-down on cleanliness - I wish all B&Bs were like Morning Glory))

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lisa B
BobMarcel, Owner at Morning Glory Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 8 February 2012

Wow!! Lisa, we thank you so very much for your incredible post! That was so very flattering and we truly appreciate your very detailed review of our bed & breakfast during your recent stay. Although we weren't able to personally meet you, as we were away for a few days, it sounds as if you both were pampered like a queen and a king by my parents!! They certainly do a fantastic job 'holding up the fort' when we have to get away! We are so very happy to hear that the cleanliness of our B&B met your high standards and that the bedding enabled you to have the best sleep ever! Cleanliness and comfort go hand in hand at Morning Glory to ensure the best possible stay. Again, we thank you for taking the time out of your day to submit your glowing review and we do hope that you and your husband can return to Morning Glory so that we can personally thank you! Until then, we send you our very best!