“it has closed”

Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Transit: One can take the commuter train to and from Boston, The "T", about a 25 minute ride. The station is a 10 to 15 minute walk from Capt's. Taxi service is available by phone. There is ferry service available from Boston - near the New England Aquarium to Blaney St. in Salem - a 10 minute walk. There is a sight-seeing trolley service that stops here.
Description: Waterfront dining at its best! Capt’s Waterfront brings the biggest and best charcoal grilled steaks to diners on the North Shore - GUARANTEED - and an incredible selection of market fresh seafood. Capt’s hand selects only the best and highest quality cuts of locally sourced steak and seafood. With its combination of exceptional charcoal grilled dishes, contemporary New England cuisine and an unparalleled location, Capt’s Waterfront is the premier location to dine on Pickering Wharf in Salem, Massachusetts. Downstairs, find a refined bar section; upstairs, the Topsides Dining Room & Deck provide a more intimate setting. Regardless of your seating arrangement, immaculate views and incredible cuisine provide for a memorable meal in one of the state’s most historic locations.
Reviewed 7 March 2015

this restaurant is closed, but will open shortly under new ownership (same owner at Finz) and will be awesome. Will have a new name, design, menu. Can't wait to try it!

1  Thank BethM923

Reviewed 27 January 2015

The first time I ate here was 2 years ago and I had the grilled lobster which was very good, a bit on the pricey side but good non the less. The last time we ate here I had the fried clams which were extremely delicious and among the best that I have ever had. I would stop here again, the atmosphere was good and the waitresses were nice.

Reviewed 15 November 2014

Went there for lunch today while in Salem to find the doors locked and a sign on the door saying the business had been closed and would reopen next year under new management

Reviewed 6 November 2014

We were in town for Halloween festivities in Salem & everything went well except dinner. Service was absolutely terrible and I am usually pretty lenient and understanding. The waitress disappeared constantly, which wasn't shocking since after being seated and taking our drink order we didn't see her for 10 minutes (NOT exaggerating) with our drinks or to take an order. My fish and chips were okay. My boyfriend's dinner was completely forgotten so she put it in after I got mine. When it did come out it had clearly been rushed. It was the fishermens platter and was soggy and he barely touched it. Considering the prices it was a big waste of our money. Even if the waitress was different I don't think I'd be impressed with the food options for the prices. The only good thing was the location on the docks and the view.

Reviewed 3 November 2014

I've eaten at Capt's a total of 4 times. I'm going to try to avoid a 5th.
Don't remember what I had the first time. 2nd time I tried the fish tacos. Very little fish, and very "blah". 3rd time I had the "Captain's Special Salad" with added fresh Salmon. Although way overpriced at about $18 bucks for lunch- it was surprisingly delicious and a generously-sized portion. The 4th time I ordered the salad again, thinking it would be a safe bet- but this time the portion was paltry (barely more than a garnish), the vegetables were not fresh, and the salad did not contain several of the ingredients it was supposed to have in it. I sent it back and got another, slightly better, version (to the credit of the waitress, she did this cheerfully.) There are much better restaurants in Salem. The only thing this place really has to recommend it is the view.

1  Thank E G