“Wedding reception done wrong!!”
Review of Capt's Waterfront Grill - CLOSED

Capt's Waterfront Grill
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Transit: One can take the commuter train to and from Boston, The "T", about a 25 minute ride. The station is a 10 to 15 minute walk from Capt's. Taxi service is available by phone. There is ferry service available from Boston - near the New England Aquarium to Blaney St. in Salem - a 10 minute walk. There is a sight-seeing trolley service that stops here.
Description: Waterfront dining at its best! Capt’s Waterfront brings the biggest and best charcoal grilled steaks to diners on the North Shore - GUARANTEED - and an incredible selection of market fresh seafood. Capt’s hand selects only the best and highest quality cuts of locally sourced steak and seafood. With its combination of exceptional charcoal grilled dishes, contemporary New England cuisine and an unparalleled location, Capt’s Waterfront is the premier location to dine on Pickering Wharf in Salem, Massachusetts. Downstairs, find a refined bar section; upstairs, the Topsides Dining Room & Deck provide a more intimate setting. Regardless of your seating arrangement, immaculate views and incredible cuisine provide for a memorable meal in one of the state’s most historic locations.
Reviewed 3 November 2014 via mobile

My husband and I visited this establishment in May to evaluate it for a small June wedding reception for close family...after numerous emails I was assured that they would accomodate us and make our evening pleasant...upon arrival we find the downstairs seating area is not available because of the karaoke dj...the upstairs is booked for an engagement party and the outside second floor patio is filled except for one small table...the 2 tables they setup for us was smack between the top of the stairs and the engagement party...constant traffic...too warm due to a fireplace on high right next to the tables in the hallway...and so loud that I couldn't even hear my family sitting 2 chairs away!! Needless to say we did not stay...we walked out and the Victoria station down the wharf a bit was more than happy to accomodate us...I guess a tearful woman in a wedding gown isn't what anyone wants to see...

This establishment then contacted me to apologize and offered me what they called a peace offering...they asked for my name and address to mail something out to me...that was the 2nd week of June...its November...we have never received this peace offering...we are over 300miles from them and travel to Salem often...3 times since June...not a single time have we stepped foot back in their restaurant and have no plans to go there ever again...we certainly weren't looking for a peace offering and now they can keep it...the night in June that ruined my wedding reception was awful but to lie to the couple a second time is just low...we liked the lobster mac and cheese but have found better in Salem after they pushed us out...

2  Thank Snokastle

Reviewed 1 November 2014

Lobster Mac and cheese is a must try, and everyone who works there is always very pleasant. Nice place to eat looking out onto Salem harbor.

1  Thank Lois B
Reviewed 31 October 2014 via mobile

We came on Halloween and found a table where we could actually have a conversation. Or waitress was the best I think we have ever had anywhere (and we have been lots of anywheres). The food was delicious and the prices were appropriate. I will definitely come back. If they can hit a home run on Halloween in Salem I am very impressed.

1  Thank Keith G
Reviewed 28 October 2014 via mobile

Calimari was soggy, only had 1 beer on tap, wings seemed like they were microwaved, flies flying around, however the clam chowder was great. Will not be returning here.

Reviewed 27 October 2014

We saw good reviews for the lobster bisque and it was delicious. It had a great flavor and Wesley took very good care of us.