“Bewitching”

and up
Salem Combo: Wax Museum and Witch Village
Ranked #26 of 84 things to do in Salem
More attraction details
Owner description: This indoor maze offers visitors a guided tour through the history of witchcraft.
Reviewed 26 September 2017

A magic theme shop, located in the historic district, based with spells, books, charms, necklaces, cards, and other commercial items.

1  Thank Vicky A
"info"
in 5 reviews
"massachusetts"

Reviewed 15 September 2017

There are some very unique shops here, many of them very old and quaint and linked to spirituality, witchcraft, psychics etc. I actually had a very surreal experience after visiting one of the shops which contained an altar area on which you could post a message for somebody who has sadly passed over. Apparently weekly the 'witches' who work in the shop do a ritual reading out the full names of the people on the board to ensure that they pass over safely. I wrote the names of both of my grandparents who both sadly recently died in the past year and exactly one week later I had an incredibly vivid dream about both of them, with both of them saying how well they were. I definitely believe this was linked to my visit to the shop in Salem. You can buy all sorts of unique gifts in the shops in this area. It is definitely worth a visit, a really unique experience despite the many tourists!

Reviewed 12 September 2017 via mobile

It's most definitely a tourist trap, but there's lots of interesting shops. Most open at ten, so don't get there early like I did.

My favorite shop was the comic store, it's huge with tons of comics and related items. Got my geek on for real!!!

Reviewed 11 September 2017

Very touristy type of area. Sort Witch city central. Lots of shops and exhibits touting the towns claim to fame.

See more reviews
Reviewed 3 September 2017 via mobile

So we popped in the car from Boston for the short ride up to Salem. We started our day with the Village, because, despite what the name implies, it is indoors.
So, the front room with items for sale has some cute souvenirs at a reasonable price. It's always a relief when one of my kids wants a tee-shirt or a hat, and is only $15, not $30
The tour of the village is entertaining, but rather brief. Honestly, $69 for our family of five for this, along with the wax museum across the street, is really pretty steep. I don't think the two of them combined took maybe 45 total to walk thru. So, one of those things you kinda have to do it, but feel like it is 'tourist' priced.

Been to Salem Witch Village? Share your experiences!