Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
US$149
Booking.comUS$149
Hotels.comUS$149
Agoda.comUS$149
PricelineUS$149
eDreamsUS$149
Orbitz.comUS$149
All reviews record player five points motor court retro vibe original tile mid century boutique hotel convention center close to downtown rooms were spotless we loved our stay bed was comfortable chain hotels favorite hotel place to stay hotel guests room key
Selected filters
Reviewed 10 November 2020

We loved our stay at the Clifton! We were driving from Dallas to San Diego, and drove all the way to Tucson our first day. Thanks to fellow reviewers I booked us from the road at this charming hotel. When we arrived we were greeted promptly and the team followed all Covid safety protocols - even wiping down our credit card and the room key. We were assigned a lower level room in the bunkrooms - loved it! Parking was free and it was an easy walk to the room. The furnishings & cleanliness of the room were great. We dropped our belongings and headed out to the patio for dinner. What a treat! A great dinner and great service in a fun setting. We both got a great night's sleep in our comfortable, clean bed. Definitely a hotel we'll stay at again when we return to Tucson.

Room tip: We asked for a lower level, quiet room, and they were able to put us in a first floor room with no occupants above.
Date of stay: October 2020
Downtown Clifton, Owner at The Downtown Clifton Hotel Tucson, responded to this reviewResponded 10 November 2020

Hi Sally, we are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us! We hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 4 November 2020

Booked based on previous reviews. The room (#17) was most importantly clean, and had a really cool mid century vibe. Modern bathroom, comfortable bed/pillows (new - not retro!). Furnishings were perid but in excellent condition! The courtyard offers socializing at a distance too. The bar/restaurant on site is AMAZING! Crafted, unique drinks. The food was phenomenal. The staff friendly and down to earth. Absolutely loved it! Not your typical cookie cutter hotel. They even have a huge record collection and you can check out a record player!

Date of stay: November 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
Downtown Clifton, Owner at The Downtown Clifton Hotel Tucson, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2020

Hi there! Thank you so much for you feedback, we most certainly appreciate it and we hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 30 October 2020

What a wonderful stay we had at the Downtown Clifton. It has terrific people working there; they took great care of us! We ate dinner in the Red Light Lounge the first night and the food was delish, but what I really loved was the cozy, warm/chill vibe of the indoor/outdoor space. We live in Tucson (we love staycations) so I am looking forward to returning for many more relaxing evenings sipping wine on their patio. And I must mention the location...about 4 blocks south of downtown, which is great, but what we especially enjoyed were the historic areas right next door. To the west is the vibrant Barrio Viejo, and to the east is the stately Armory Park neighborhood. We enjoyed two beautiful days wandering the lovely streets and uncovering delightful surprises. I expected this would be a cool renovated 50's motel, but it was so much more than that! Thanks for a great getaway!

Room tip: Rooms 29 and 30 have beautiful views to the west, A Mountain, and the sunset.
Date of stay: October 2020
Downtown Clifton, Owner at The Downtown Clifton Hotel Tucson, responded to this reviewResponded 2 November 2020

Hi there, we are so glad you enjoyed your time with us and we sure hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 27 October 2020

I needed some space from my partner. When I checked in, Matt, the general manager, asked why I was staying with them. He could tell I was having a hard time. He gave me a discount and allowed me to have my cat stay with me. I was so grateful I shook his hand, which I shouldn’t have done because of the pandemic. Sorry, Matt! Later that evening I had a drink at the bar, which was on the house. The bartender was really nice and even shared some of her own struggles with relationships. I stayed two nights and was able to decide on my next step. Thank you, Downtown Clifton, for helping me, and for helping others like me in our community.

Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank eKat1985
Downtown Clifton, Owner at The Downtown Clifton Hotel Tucson, responded to this reviewResponded 27 October 2020

Thank you so much for this kind review, we are so happy to have you stay with us no matter what the reason! We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 27 October 2020

This hotel is the best place to stay in Tucson by far. The staff is very kind and welcoming and the service is top notch. The rooms are very clean, comfortable, spacious, and stylish. The location is fantastic as well. Downtown attractions are a short and easy walk. Overall, the stay here has been great. I would recommend this place to anyone and everyone. I will definitely stay here again.

Date of stay: October 2020

Thank you so much for your kind review, we sure hope to see you again soon!