Lowest prices for your stay
US$84
Expedia.comUS$84
PricelineUS$84
Lol.travelUS$95
1,064 results
All reviews tucson airport close to the airport an early flight would stay again other hotels continental breakfast yogurt great stay shuttle service one night stay pool and hot tub lq pets elevator proximity keys refrigerator
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 December 2020

Disappointed, Stayed at La Quinta on 11/28/2020
7001 South Tucson Boulevard, Tucson, AZ US (520) 573‑3333
Confirmation Number: 88656EC054711
Wanted to try La Quinta but wanted to make sure they serve breakfast, All the sites on Wyndham where I made the reservation and the hotel website shows breakfast was available. Upon checkin we learned that the hotel does not serve breakfast. The hotel clerk just told me :"it's on our website to call hotel for available amenities". And she also said that I could still cancel if I wanted to, We've drove 9 hours and it was already going on 7PM so we decided to stay. The room refrigerator was filty outside (lots of water or mop splash marks on the door). I cleaned iup the door so it was no big deal. We stored our breakfast items in the refrigerator, yogurt, juice, bread, ham slices. In the morning when we wanted to have breakfast, we found out that everything in the refrigerator was frozen solid.
When we checked out early I told the front desk clerk about what happened. I was not upset, I was just telling her exactly what happened, The clerk was very defensive and started cutting me off, I told her to let me finish telling her my experience,
She told me exactly what the night shift clerk said - I should have called the hotel for amenities.
Two things that could have made my experience a good one:
1 - put a notice on the wyndham and hotel website if breakfast is not available... the ads are deceiving and misleading ... and the "due to covid - check amenities at hotel" is very generic. Usually that pertains to pools and exercise rooms. A lot of hotels are now serving breakfast.
2 - I understand it is not the staff's fault - listing breakfast on the website even if not available and the refrigerator set really high it froze everything. These are not what made me upset. It is the attitude of both night and day shift staff. They were not apologetic about it. They were defensive and nonchallant... Their attitude made me feel like it was my fault for not calling the hotel and it was my fault for not checking the refrigerator setting.
A simple - "I'm sorry" would have been sufficient.
This is the first time I tried LaQuinta and I don't think I'll do it again.
I think you need to train your staff on how NOT to be defensive - but just to listen to customers with empathy. Sometimes that's all we want... just to be heard.

Room tip: call hotels - website is deceiving
Date of stay: November 2020
General Manager, Owner at La Quinta Inn & Suites by Wyndham Tucson Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 5 December 2020

Dear 365elav,

I hope you are traveling safely. Thank you for all of your expressions. We will be sharing your concerns with our staff so we can continue improving. We hope we have the chance to repair our mistakes & accommodate you in the future.

Reviewed 15 November 2020

I wrote a review of this location last November...we were quite unhappy with the stay and the lack of adequate safety measures and service. We had occasion to stay here this past week. What a wonderful improvement! The lobby was clean, desk clerks were efficient. Our room was sparkling clean! With the pandemic, I bring wipes or spray and clean all handles, light switches, remotes, surfaces, etc. In most motels my cleaning cloth shows that the room is not really "clean"...this time it was! Towels were thick and soft, bed linens were crisp and comfortable, temp in room was adjustable with a wall thermostat. We had an accessible room, the bathroom was very large, with a shower chair if needed. Shower was excellent (you do have to get into a tub, it's not walk-in). The hot water in the shower was great, hot water at the sink was only luke warm, but I think that might have been intentional as a safety issue. There was no breakfast, not even fruit, due to the pandemic, but there are plenty of restaurants in the area. Airport noise was noted, but no disturbing. What I really liked was ALL side entrances are locked at all times, you must use your key to get in, even in the daytime. Still no house phones in the corridor, or at the elevators. That would be a great addition. All in all, very happy with the difference in this motel since last year!

Date of stay: November 2020
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
General Manager, Owner at La Quinta Inn & Suites by Wyndham Tucson Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 16 November 2020

Dear Em W

I hope you are traveling safely. Thank you for all of your thoughtful expressions. I appreciate how much you care; it truly means a great deal to our LQ Family. We are all listening and here to serve. Your expressions aid us all in being truly "Here For You". Please do travel safety and visit us soon again here in La Quinta Tucson Airport.

Reviewed 24 October 2020

This location is usually one of my favorites, but this year was not as good. Our room was not fully stocked with items usually provided, and the coffee area in the room was not cleaned. There was no breakfast - not even a bottle of water.

Date of stay: October 2020
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Gail G

Thank you so much for taking the time to give us your positive feedback on our property. We are always striving to improve our property and genuine feedback is the best way for us to do that. We hope that you will visit us again the next time you are in the area.
Thank you for staying at La Quinta Inns and Suites.

Reviewed 26 September 2020

La Quinta Inn Tucson Airport
9/23 – 9/24/20 RM. 338 / 438

I have stayed at this Motel many times in the past and have been very happy. This time I was disappointed. When I arrived, the staff was friendly. upon check-in I felt like I was buying a car. They just kept giving you papers to sign. One thing I asked about was the pool and hot tub. I was told it was open. On the 24th I went down to the hot tub only to find you could not turn on the pump and the water was COLD. When I questioned this, I was told it is out of order, but the repair man would be here tomorrow. I told her I will not be here tomorrow. There is no continental breakfast they do not even have complimentary coffee in the lobby.
Now for our room 338, we had to use every blanket to stay warm. You could not adjust the temp. above 77deg. I switched from Auto to Off, but the AC kept coming back on. The desk USB charger did not work. Come to find out it was plugged into a dead plug. The next morning, we went into shower. Water drain slow, you stand in 3 inches of water, the sink drain leaks on the floor, the faucet leaks across the countertop and onto the floor. I went to the front desk where they told me they would send a repairman right up. They also offered to give me another room, I figured it would not take long, but after 2.5 hours I decided I better take another room. We moved to Room 438; it was much better only problem was the AC filter cover that would not stay closed.
We booked an Accessible room. To me an Accessible room has a walk-in shower. Our room had a tub with lots of hand bars, I had to help my wife in and out of the Tub.

Date of stay: September 2020
Reviewed 2 June 2020 via mobile

Stayed in town at few different hotels over a weeks time and this one was the best. Very clean large rooms shower was great bedbamd pillows were perfect just a very nice place. They didnt have breakfast out which is ok with me because I usually don't eat breakfast but there WAS NO COFFEE either. I thought that was pretty ridiculous. They do have coffee makers in rooms but who uses them. They are disgusting 99.9% of the time...but again great place and great price this will be my go to hotel when in town from now on

Date of stay: June 2020