Lowest prices for your stay
US$115
Free cancellation until 30/04/21
Reserve now, pay at stay
US$115
SAVE US$16
Hotels.comUS$115
Agoda.comUS$115
HurbUS$120
All reviews oatmeal bar local artists mid century roadside motel local beer and wine kitchenette room ping pong local coffee and tea memory foam mattress the heating cooling unit pool is salt water retro vibe cross country move shower toilet beds are super comfortable tamales motor lodge
Selected filters
Reviewed 21 February 2021 via mobile

Somehow, the Hotel McCoy managed to make for a fun stay, even in the grip of covid precautions. Our check in was easy, everything nice and smooth, with clear explanations of how things worked. The hotel itself is unique, with original art work everywhere and an awesome mid-century style. Breakfast was a breeze, ordered remotely and delivered to the room. The staff couldn’t be nicer, we felt welcomed and taken care of by everyone we encountered.

Date of stay: February 2021
Trip type: Travelled with family
Lynette Lopez, Other at Hotel McCoy, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2021

Well hello there friend! Thanks so much for your glowing review. We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience as it makes our hearts so happy that you had fun and your staff shout out was the icing on the cake. Please come visit us whenever your adventures brings you back to Tucson. Friendly faces await you!

Reviewed 11 February 2021

Everything about this this stay was amazing! From booking, where everyone I called was friendly and informative to the easy check-out.

Check-in is presently drive-in and friendly. The staff went out of their way to make sure everything about the hotel was introduced appropriately. The free drink on arrival is actually good anytime during the stay, which removes the pressure to drink at a given moment. All service to the room was quick and professional and the facilities are spotless and BEAUTIFUl!

It's hard to find something I didn't like. I suppose one thing to note is that the rooms are economical in size. But they're still comfortable and the place is so much fun! Location is central but freeway-adjacent.

Date of stay: February 2021
Nicole Dahl, General Manager at Hotel McCoy, responded to this reviewResponded 11 February 2021

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience. We super appreciate you and hope to host you again.

Reviewed 21 January 2021 via mobile

We LOVED our stay here. The place is so cool with art everywhere and a bar at the front. They serve free (and paid items) for breakfast. We stayed during COVID times so when you drive in, you stop and they come to your car in a mask and check you in while you sit in your car. You get two free drink coupons, free WiFi code and your key to your room all from your car.

The beds were fantastic! We have been traveling for a month and this was the best night sleep in many miles. The breakfast and coffee, as well as the ciders were great. The shower was hot, clean and the water pressure was good. I live in OR but I will find a way to stay here again. Excellent service and hotel!!

Date of stay: January 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Lynette Lopez, Other at Hotel McCoy, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2021

Thank you so so much for taking the time to share the details of your experience here with us, Shelly! You are definitely a kind soul and our kind of people. It makes our hearts sing when we read such a stellar review and know we helped make an extra special experience for our guests. Any time you need an escape from Oregon and desire lots of desert magic, saguaros, sunshine, hikes, art, and friendly faces, come back and pay us a visit. We'd love to host you again! Until our paths cross again, cheers and safe travels.

Reviewed 12 January 2021

I went to Tucson because I wished to live deliberately, and not, when I came to die, to discover that I had not lived—just kidding, I went because my friends said it was a cool town to potentially live in and I wanted to see what the ruckus was about. The rent is cheap, and the vibes are strong. They call Tucson a blue dot in a sea of red and the rumors are true. I equate the kindness I found in all of Tucson with my experience at Hotel McCoy. We stayed here three days and lived very deliberately, not with booze or drugs or whatever but we just got real comfortable there. Sometimes I didn’t even make the bed, which is something I do every single day. Arizona is full of telescopes and quartz. Hotel McCoy is a hipster pitstop marked by a painted rainbow over a car park awning at the entrance. Lots of Oprah quotes painted on the walls. The parking lot is flat and horseshoe shaped. All the employees are pleasant and down to earth. The free breakfast is a veritable feast. A replete oatmeal bar with healthy choice bits like shredded coconut and raisins and cinnamon. Coffee was local and delicious. He tried his first tamale here and liked it. Lucky to be in Tucson during tamal season. What is it about Tucson? Was it the cartoonish cacti? The consistent use of the color purple? The Sonoran and Pueblo architecture? The soft tiles? The lighting in winter? The dustiness of it all? The horizon beyond the parking lot affords two spectacular views: one of an old WWI observatory tower and the other, the blue glow of an Amazon fulfillment center. Both beacons of technology, both haunting when the sun goes down. I hope the staff can please forgive us for checking out late and for forgetting to leave a cash tip, the latter more egregious than the former. But I’ll be back and I’ll double up next time.

Date of stay: November 2020
1  Thank heyangella
Nicole Dahl, General Manager at Hotel McCoy, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2021

Angella, you should be a travel writer! Loved reading this. We are here for it. Thanks so much for staying with us and giving Tucson a whirl. Come on back anytime. We love cool and kind folk like you.

Reviewed 5 January 2021

I have now started referring friends to stay at this hotel...as much as I would like to keep it a secret, it's just not possible! Fun, quirky, and very well run...with a great pool area and stunning local artists art graffitied on the walls.

Date of stay: July 2020
Lynette Lopez, Other at Hotel McCoy, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2021

Thank you kindly for taking the time to share your experience and leave us a stellar review. It makes our hearts soar to see you enjoyed your stay and got a chance to really immerse yourself in the art and vibes. Next time you're in Tucson, we hope you think of us! Cheers and stay well.