“Clean & quiet”

Ranked #28 of 128 Hotels in Tucson
Alberta
“Clean & quiet”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2012

Stayed for 1 night on our way through Tucson. Room was very clean and quiet. Not much selection for restaurants close to property. Didn't like parking in the back due to what looked like a low-budget hotel next door (a little sketchy) as there is no fence separating the properties. Close to freeway so the location is convenient for travellers.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank R F
KJacobsVPZMC, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Tucson-North, responded to this review, 20 February 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write and post comments about your recent stay with us. I hope the rest of your road trip was enjoyable and that you created many fond memories to cherish and share.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2012

if you are traveling through tucson and want a comfortable hotel with great service,easy access and decent price this is the hotel...the staff is happy and the attention to detail is great.....for a night or a week....enjoyable pool and hot tub...close to the mountains right off i-10

Room Tip: all rooms seem to be good...perhaps asking for on west side away from i-10
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
Thanks much for your recent visit and for taking the time to post your review and 5 star rating. I'm glad you were happy with the service and accommodations we provide and look forward to the next opportunity we have to serve you here.
shakeitsgreat
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 December 2011

I would say this Hampton is average, as far as Hampton Inns go. The service was amiable, the rooms were clean, the rates were comparable to others in the area. However, I did not feel safe parking at this hotel. On a repeat trip to the area, we stayed at another Hampton location that was a little less convenient to the interstate, but was in a much safer-looking area.

I will have to completely echo the review Jim left below - this hotel is in a pretty rough looking area. The hotel is adjacent to I-10 and very convenient to the freeway. However, in the time I exited the freeway and parked in the lot, I was approached by two different people looking for money. The hotel features a rather large parking lot in the back that is shared with a neighboring hotel. Once we parked, a uniformed security officer drove over in a mini van and suggested we park closer to the Hampton so he could keep an eye on our vehicle. Although I appreciate the effort of the hotel's management to hire a security officer, the simple fact that one is needed does not make me feel very safe. I have had vehicles vandalized at other hotels that featured security guards - they gotta go to the bathroom sometimes, and the crooks know it!

As mentioned above, the hotel was fine other than the location. Based on the other reviews, I was surprised when I arrived at the hotel and just want to leave an advance warning to other travelers so they know what to expect.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
3 Thank shakeitsgreat
KJacobsVPZMC, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Tucson-North, responded to this review, 28 December 2011
Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for taking the time to share your experience. Guest safety and security are our top priorities, and I'm sorry you didn't feel more comfortable here. I hope you will give us another chance to serve you the next time you are in Tucson.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 November 2011

I found this hotel perfect for my needs. Upon arrival I was greated by a friendly staff and was given directions to the location of my event. I had a dog with me that the staff made very welcome and a nice grassy area across the street to walk my dog and play a bit. I felt that it was what I expected in a Hampton Inn and I just love those cloud nine beds. Very close to the freeway, but then again it was easy to get around town.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled solo
KJacobsVPZMC, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Tucson-North, responded to this review, 26 November 2011
Thanks for choosing to stay with us, and for sharing your experience here. I'm glad you and your four legged family member were happy with the service and accommodations and hope you two will decide to stay with us again the next time you are in the area.
Phoenix, Arizona
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 November 2011

Giving average but actually left hotel. Based on location (scary) and clientele, (cars in lot) I chose to not stay. right on freeway in bad location. Speaks for itself. Convenient for some, I guess. PIcked Hampton airport. Much nicer. Cheaper.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
KJacobsVPZMC, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Tucson-North, responded to this review, 15 November 2011
I'm sorry our outside appearance and location did not meet your expectations or allow you to experience our service and accommodations, which are both well above average. Thanks for posting your comments and loyalty to the Hampton brand.