“Very Comfortable with a Friendly Staff”
Review of Hilton Tucson East

Hilton Tucson East
Ranked #48 of 129 Hotels in Tucson
Reviewed 19 November 2017

When I checked in, the staff were very friendly and thanked me for being a Hilton Honors member. I had booked a room with 2 queen beds since I was sharing a room with my father, but they had a sense of humor and joked that room had only a king bed. The bed I had was very comfortable, very supportive without being too hard or too soft, and even the pillows, typically the bane of my typical hotel experience, were comfortable and supportive as well. The hotel is still undergoing renovation, so the pool area was closed, which meant no enjoyment of the hot tub could have been taken, but I'm not complaining about that. I think renovation is necessary.

I have to have my room completely dark in order to sleep well, but there was a lot of what I will call "light leakage" in my room. First, there is a nightlight built-in to the bathroom mirror. A nice techie touch, but it meant I had to close the bathroom door. There was an orange glow from the alarm clock (who uses a hotel alarm clock anymore when we all cell phones?) that I had to put my dirty sock over. But the most annoying light leakage came from the significant space between the floor and the door that caused a lot of light from the hallway to come in. I will say the blackout curtain was wonderful.

The breakfast was nice, but really Hilton, why do you charge $15.95/person for a buffet breakfast in addition to the price of the room? Why can't it just be included in the price? It's pretty much on par with what is served at BW's or Holiday Inn breakfasts. Seriously, get with the program.

All around, I had a very nice, 1-nights stay at this location and I recommend it to other travelers.

Room Tip: Avoid the 2nd floor entirely if you can. That's the floor with restaurant/bar/breakfast area are...
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Brenden P
Write a ReviewReviews (1,031)

Reviewed 11 November 2017

This hotel has wonderful staff and good location, but is undergoing a massive renovation which is loud during the day, making a restful stay impossible.
We were attending a funeral in Tucson and chose this hotel because it was close to the funeral location. We arrived at midnight and at 6am we were jolted awake by the slamming of doors-the breakfast food service room is next door to room #235, so staff going in and out of that room were busy and paying no attention to the nose they were making. We called and asked for help from the front desk-our requests were honored.
But we decided to move to another, quieter hotel and talked with the front desk staff who handled the early check out with complete care and competence, which was appreciated given the reason we were in Tucson to begin with.

Room Tip: do not accept room #235-it's noisy
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank buckrael
Reviewed 9 November 2017

It turned out I couldn't even stay the night after checking in because the room was stuffy and hot and reeked with a sickening, intense paint odor. The building is under renovation, hence the paint fumes, but letting the room ventilate with the action of a working HVAC unit (and maybe even a fan besides) for a few hours before any guest attempted to occupy it, which should have been do-able, would have helped considerably. Despite maintenance staff reprogramming the HVAC unit, the air-conditioning wouldn't kick in and I could feel the room getting hotter, way too hot and stuffy for sleeping. Then I found the second room staff offered, the only other available, much the same. Also: Both were cramped and had few charging outlets, inconveniently placed. From what I could see at night, around in-progress construction, the lobby and grounds do look attractive. Certainly, the location is convenient. So the front desk staff must have checked me out again when I returned my bottled water and declared I must leave because the room was making me feel ill. As soon as outdoor air hit in the parking lot, I felt much better, so I drove on.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank ECP-Writes
Reviewed 1 November 2017

There was a bug in my bed. Burger from room service was raw, and eggs in breakfast buffet were slimy. Waffles gone at 745 am, staff member was asked if there was any more mix, she just walked off. Hotel is not close to a freeway either, took a long time to get to it on surface streets

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank stephaniehE3331MO
Mary Beth S, Director of Sales at Hilton Tucson East, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2017

Hello Stephanie and thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are disappointed to learn you were not satisfied with your stay. If you'd like to discuss the condition of your room, please contact the hotel directly at 520-721-5600 and ask for the General Manager. We take any pest report seriously and want to be sure it was addressed immediately. We are surprised to hear you were dissatisfied with the food and buffet. We receive many compliments on not only the menu items and buffet, but also our service. And while the hotel is not adjacent to the interstate, our location on the East Side of Tucson puts us in close proximity to many of Tucson's major employers and attractions. We hope you visit again so you can experience the service and hospitality for which we are known.

Reviewed 1 November 2017

Staff from the front desk, room service, the restaurant and conference support was terrific. Room was super comfortable. Loved the walk around the wash as an alternative to the fitness center. Food at all meals was very good.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for the wonderful review. We are pleased you enjoyed not only the facility and surroundings, but also our fantastic staff. We hope to see you again soon!