3 people are viewing this hotel
Expedia.comUS$165
Agoda.comUS$193
PricelineUS$205
1,326 results
All reviews gas fireplace boutique hotel newer rooms room was large southwestern style beautiful grounds on site restaurant pool and hot tub happy hour downtown tucson yogurt desert cielos casita landscaping university cactus
Selected filters
Reviewed 27 July 2020

My wife and I stayed at the Lodge on our way from California to Alabama. Everyone was incredibly welcoming and made us feel right at home. With COVID basically shutting down the entire town of Tuscon, the amenities at the Lodge made us feel like we weren't missing out on anything. We got some drinks at the bar upon check in, then hit the pool. Dinner at Cielo's afterward was amazing. Can't recommend this place enough!

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Jim Kerrigan, General Manager at Lodge On The Desert, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2020

Dear wCharless89,

I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your experiences in Cielos Restaurant.

Reviewed 18 July 2020

First time, "right time" in February. Great hotel, very authentic, wonderful breakfast at "El Cielo" (included). Will absolutely return since student now attending UofA, will stay in a one-bedroom suite next time. We stayed in the newer rooms; did not try the original ones, although they are in a lovely garden setting. Definitely recommend this hotel. It is "not" a resort, rather a great hotel in town.

Room tip: Higher floor, to the back - newer wings.
Date of stay: February 2020
1  Thank WorldExplorer50
Jim Kerrigan, General Manager at Lodge On The Desert, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2020

Dear World Traveler,

I am glad to hear that you enjoyed the breakfast in Cielos Restaurant.

Reviewed 18 July 2020

I rented the room specifically for the tub, i didnt need a room. I just wanted the experience of an intimate night in a nice big bath with jets and bubbles. the tub didnt work at all. A maintenance worker came in and wasn't able to fix it. It was awkward being in the room with him there. I was charged for the price of standard king size bed. If I knew the tub was broken I would have never stayed there

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank jessi20753508

Dear Jessi20753508,

Obviously we did not meet your expectations nor did we meet ours. Please accept my sincere apologies and know that we would have corrected your concerns. My management staff did not respond appropriately and again, I apologize. If given another I can assure you your experience will meet your standards and the reputation the Lodge on the Desert has achieved over the years
I would like to adjust your charges for your recent visit. Please contact me and I will handle the adjustment. I can be reached at: Jim.Kerrigan@Lodgeonthedesert.com or
520-320-2001 TheDirect Line to my office

Please feel free to contact me directly if you wish. Again, my apologies.

Reviewed 6 July 2020

Whether you are traveling or reside in Tucson, I would highly recommend the Lodge on the Desert. The wife and I stayed here to celebrate her birthday, and loved our decision to do so. The staff was friendly and helpful. Our room was clean , with comfy beds and view of the Rincon Mountains from our balcony. We took a refreshing dip in the swimming pool. Ordered dinner from on-site, Cielo's Restaurant and enjoyed the delicious food in our room. The complimentary breakfast was also quite enjoyable and filling. We'll be back!

Room tip: Some rooms have a view of the mountains and others overlook the pool.
Date of stay: July 2020
Jim Kerrigan, General Manager at Lodge On The Desert, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2020

Dear RaymondP1597,

The staff and I very much appreciate your taking your time to let us know of your experience at the Lodge on the Desert. We always hope to know how we can improve our hotel and comments such as yours provide us with the information we look for. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed the food from Cielos Restaurant for dinner as well as our complimentary breakfast.

Reviewed 25 June 2020

We did a stay-cay here to enjoy the pool and jacuzzi tub. The experience exceeded our expectations. The lobby is elegant, the service super friendly, the room spacious and very clean, well appointed. The room was super clean. The jacuzzi tub in the King Spa room was a work of art, surrounded by tile with steps up and then down into, with decorative tiles on one wall and glass tiles facing the outside on another letting the afternoon sun shine through. The tub was a long slim oval shape and very comfortable for two. Separate was a glass door/tile shower with good pressure and the head high enough for someone over 6'. Large comfy pillows on the bed which was a little on the firm side, but still comfortable. We ordered from the happy hour menu and ate in the bar. The food was Excellent! Chef's Board, Guacamole and Chips that were some of the better ones I've tasted, and delicious vegan tacos (calabicitas) made at my request. In the early morning (6am) we went to the jacuzzi and pool. The surroundings are elegant, and the temperature of both were PERFECT! Usually jacuzzi's are not hot enough for me, but this one was spot on! And the pool was just right - not cold, not warm, just cool enough to energize after the jacuzzi. They serve coffee first thing in the morning in a lovely little library that is right off the pool area. It would be a wonderful room to sit and read or enjoy a game on the chess/checkerboard table provided. The coffee was DELICIOUS! It was Arbuckles, which I think is much tastier than Starbucks which I find to be bitter. Our stay included breakfast for two in a dining area (they have both indoor and outdoor with. misters) which again was enjoyable and delicious provided with excellent, friendly service.

Room tip: They sell out in the winter months, a great play to stay for a very reasonable price in the summer.
Date of stay: June 2020
Jim K, General Manager at Lodge On The Desert, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2020

Dear AJH,

I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your experiences in Cielos Restaurant, and that the Spa King room was to your satisfaction.