1,138 results
All reviews gas fireplace boutique hotel newer rooms room was large cactus garden double sinks small patio beautiful grounds pool and hot tub happy hour mini fridge downtown tucson bed was very comfortable nice pool catalina mountains desert pueblo
Reviewed 28 May 2018

The Lodge on the Desert is a well appointed accommodation that is pet friendly. It has comfortable "garden" areas to take your four legged friend for some comfort breaks. Rooms are very nice and all seem to have a private little balcony or patio. If you want some particular privacy be sure to ask at the front desk when you check in which ones offer a bit more of a private garden feel or a balcony overlooking an interior courtyard. Breakfast was lovely -- not overwhelming abundance, but it did provide a good start to the day. Service at the front desk and at the breakfast restaurant were both attentive, friendly, and customer focused. Overall, a very nice place in Tucson -- quite convenient to get into downtown as well and there are a number of restaurants in the vicinity to go out to eat as well.

Stayed: February 2018
2  Thank DennisDykau
Jim K, General Manager at Lodge on the Desert, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2018

Dear Dennis Dkau

The staff and I very much appreciate your taking your time to let us know of your experience at the Lodge on the Desert. We always hope to know how we can improve our hotel and comments such as yours provide us with the information we look for.

Reviewed 28 May 2018

It's like a luxury mexican village. Even thought you are in the middle of Tucson you really can't tell. Your are transported to the cactus garden where little lizards run in the sand and ice cold cervezas go down smooth. We stayed in one of the older casitas and loved it.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank woodyacat

Dear Woodyacat

Reviewed 28 May 2018

The party given there was delightful. The place is really lovely, with the flavor of a Mexican inn. The rooms are charming for people who stayed there, and the setting for a conference was terrific.Outdoor areas have beautiful desert plants.

Stayed: June 2017

Dear Scarab 130

Reviewed 25 May 2018

Lovely and spacious, quiet and well appointed. Easy location and central to downtown Tucson, a good base to explore from. Felt quite luxurious and the staff was excellent, easy parking as well, hidden form the street.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank jamieart1
Jim K, General Manager at Lodge on the Desert, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2018

Dear Jamieart1

Reviewed 23 May 2018

I had been interested to see Tucson, and had been following various Tucson-based social media when I came upon Lodge on the Desert. From the pics and the reviews, I knew that's where I wanted to stay. I booked a birthday long weekend and we arrived late (midnight) on the Friday night (straightforward to navigate to from hwy 10). From the moment we arrived, I knew I'd chosen well. The front staff so helpful, friendly and welcoming. The room I was given exceeded my expectations, and so grateful to get it for our 3 days. As tired as we were, the magically lit and impeccably-maintained cacti gardens entranced us. We retired happy to our little casita for a night of sound sleep.
We awoke to the sounds of birds, views of the Catalina Mountains in the distance, fragrance of the flowers in the surrounding gardens and excitement to explore. The vibe is of another time at the Lodge, and pride in the staff is evident. The complimentary hot breakfasts left nothing to be desired, nor did the setting on the lovely restaurant patio (covered, open and inside options).
We also enjoyed a dinner at Cielos (onsite restaurant), including (and recommended) the Spicy Sonoran Martini...
The pool and hot tub were very relaxing and well-kept spaces - a lovely place to return to after hot days of exploring the Saguaro National Parks and Sabino Canyon.
The Lodge is well-located between all three of these, and only 10-15 minutes drive to downtown Tucson. And other amenities were only a few blocks away.
I honestly would travel to Tucson just to stay again at Lodge on the Desert. They have created a marvelous experience for their guests. I cannot recommend it highly enough!

Room Tip: Single-story rooms like mini casitas have their own mini patio. 2-story structures have a small balcony or a shared second-story patio area.
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Jim K, General Manager at Lodge on the Desert, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2018

Dear Blondewander