My husband and I stayed at Lodge on the Desert for our wedding weekend last week, and so did many of our wedding guests. For the very reasonable price it's a lovely and relaxing place. The central location is super convenient for getting around Tucson, and though the grounds are not extensive they're pleasant and very desert-y. The restaurant is fantastic, and the pool and lobby are beautiful. All the rooms that I saw have gas fireplaces, and the beds are ridiculously comfortable.
Our wedding guests, who all stayed in the new wing, LOVED their stays. We stayed in the bridal suite on the historic side. Our room was very comfortable and spacious, with a huge closet and huge porch looking north at the Catalina mountains. Besides the slightly-out-of-date bathroom it was glorious. The rooms in the historic wing are all unique; some are great and some are a little, well funky. I'd recommend talking to hotel staff about what you're looking for.
This is a small hotel and we really liked that. The size came with both perks and drawbacks, though. Room service was only available when there happened to be enough staff in the restaurant, and they could never tell us in advance whether there would be enough staff at the next meal to deliver room service. On the other hand, no one ever seemed to come lock up the pool and hot tub at night! Though there were a few quirks, everything was very clean and the staff were friendly. We're already planning to go back for an anniversary.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lodge on the Desert is a Tucson classic and guests experience the authenticity of the Old Pueblo blended with the modern southwest charm that has evolved throughout the Lodge's storied 80 years. This 100-room boutique hotel is situated on five acres in mid-town Tucson, AZ and appeals to leisure and business travelers alike. Plus with event spaces for up to 175 guests, Lodge on the Desert is popular for small to mid-size meetings and intimate social gatherings. An Arizona landmark and Tucson tradition renowned for its intimate residential setting and genial hospitality, here guests discover pathways meandering among regal palms, native cacti and manicured lawns wrapped in ribbons of seasonal flowers. Charming hacienda-style accommodations afford guests a sanctuary in which to retreat and relax. It is truly Tucson's urban oasis. And considered by many to be the Old Pueblo's mid-town masterpiece. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Booking.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Lodge on the Desert reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lodge On The Desert Hotel Tucson
- Hotel On The Desert
- On The Desert Tucson
- Lodge On The Desert Tucson, Arizona