11 people are viewing this hotel
Hilton.comUS$305
PricelineUS$297
Lol.travelUS$393
2,749 results
All reviews pusch ridge oro valley junior suite pool area the main hotel mountain view lobby bar main pool tennis courts catalina mountains golf cart beautiful property hot tub great pool fitness center casita sundance
Selected filters
Reviewed 8 May 2019

Very pretty resort with awesome views. Most staff friendly but could use some work. Had a couple issues upon check in. I actually booked thru Expedia because I got a pkg deal Air, hotel, car. Everything good with trip until check in our reservation was cancelled for some reason in which nobody can tell me why. The hotel front desk staff said we should always book directly thru the resort and NOT a "third party". We were told to call Expedia to get resolved, it was out of their hands and step away from the desk so they can assist other guests. Sat in lobby on hold for almost an hour. Expedia rep asked to talk to front desk rep gave them my phone front desk rep took phone went back in office and got my reservation reinstated between the two of them. Again, don't know why cancelled??? Where were we suppose to go? I guess a little annoyed because I feel like your treated 2nd class cause you book thru a "third party". Why sell rooms to these "third party" companies???? Check in is at 4pm room was not available till 5pm and they were not busy at all. The other issue we had was eating at the Epazote on site restaurant. We were seated at table below lights where birds sit and poop. Could not find waitress so took upon ourselves to change table. Again, not busy at all and I'm sure they know the birds are there cause they were in a bush right there and they were all chattering. Our opinion, don't waste your time eating here not much of selection on menu and way over priced. With all that being said we did enjoy our room King suite and very comfortable! We really enjoyed the view of the mountains behind the resort. Resort very clean and well maintained. Pools nice too. Unfortunately, the first day with check in & dinner at Epazote put a damper on things. But, we did not let that ruin the rest of our stay. We golfed at the 9 hole on premises and had a blast. Very nice course and staff was very friendly and accommodating.

Room tip: They do offer shuttle rides on golf carts!
1  Thank bkaeja
Hiltonelcon, General Manager at El Conquistador Tucson, a Hilton Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2019

I apologize that your check-in was not as seamless as it should have been due to the discrepancy with your reservation status. I am sorry that you were given the impression that we did not appreciate your business as that is certainly not the case. Thank you for sharing you comments about your recent stay; we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 6 May 2019

A very comfortable resort with highly attentive staff that ensured our needs and questions were dealt with completely. Excellent dinner and bar food and drinks, with ample gluten free options to make for an enjoyable stay.

2  Thank Pioneer07583912929
Hiltonelcon, General Manager at El Conquistador Tucson, a Hilton Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2019

We are delighted that you found our staff attentive and you enjoyed your dining experience as well. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 5 May 2019 via mobile

I was here with my sister for a convention. It is an absolutely lovely spot. The buildings and layout are outstanding. The food was good. The lobby had everything you could want.

Our casita was pretty up to date and clean.

However, our casita was located quite a distance from the convention events. We needed a shuttle. The first day we called three times for the shuttle and one never came. My sister had to walk over hilly terrain in 90 degree heat to get to her assignment. Later we were told that all the drivers were busy and that there were no more carts. This perplexed me. When you are in the convention business it seems to me that you should be prepared for large numbers of people checking in. That might be a problem if you host one convention a year, but if you host them every weekend you should anticipate the need.

I have a disability and couldn’t walk to the main building. When I called I was told that there was a huge backup. However, I got connected to security, and the chief of security picked me up!

Thank you, Chief of Security!!! Also, thank you to the pianist for the amazing entertainment in the lobby. He played everything from Sinatra to Phantom to Queen.

Date of stay: May 2019
Trip type: Travelled on business

Thank you for sharing your comments about your recent stay. I apologize for the inconvenience you experienced due to the delay in shuttle service. We appreciate your feedback, and I will personally thank our Director of Security for his outstanding service.

Reviewed 5 May 2019

Beautiful hotel right in front of the mountains with a picturesque view. The area is quiet and away from the downtown area by about 25 minutes. There are plenty of restaurants nearby, as well as shopping areas and malls. This hotel has everything you could want for your family. The pool area is great, staff is accommodating, and the rooms are nice. The only thing that was a bit surprising was that the junior suites didn’t have a microwave and when we tried to get one, we were told “they weren’t wired for microwaves.” That was a first for me, a suite without a microwave and the inability to get one delivered to the room. I’m unsure what type of wiring is possibly required for a microwave...For a week’s stay it is inconvenient not to have a microwave - note, we have stayed here before in the rooms they call “casitas,” (essentially a full suite), and those do come with a microwave.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for sharing your comments about your recent stay. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay, and apologize for the inconvenience of not having microwaves in our junior suites. Our casita suites do have microwaves as well as a mini-fridge in the a small kitchen area. They also include a living room area as well as a dining table in the suite. We do recommend the casita suites for our guests who are staying a bit longer and/or wish to have a bit more room to spread out during their stay.
We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 4 May 2019

We read reviews before our stay and we were not disappointed. Gorgeous setting and truly some of the most hospitable staff at every level (including housekeeping). Breakfast buffet was pricey but delicious. We've had better meals at the same price range for the evening restaurant but you cant beat .the setting

1  Thank karia155

Thank you for sharing your comments about your recent stay. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay, and look forward to welcoming you back again soon.