“Love the Views The Most from this Hotel”

El Conquistador Tucson, a Hilton Resort
Ranked #15 of 129 Hotels in Tucson
Reviewed 27 August 2017

I remember when this hotel went in. It was a Sheraton back then, I was in high school and could never afford to stay there. It's close to my high school and family and the views of the mountains are astonishing. The hotel itself is really nice. When you go in off season they do try to give you a bit extra like low prices, early check-ins and late check-outs. And many many more!

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Ghee A, General Manager at El Conquistador Tucson, a Hilton Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2017

Thank you for sharing your review about your recent stay. It is always a pleasure to welcome guests back to the resort - - especially those who remember the resort from its early years. I agree the views of Pusch Ridge mountains are amazing! We will look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Ghee Alexander

Write a ReviewReviews (2,069)

Reviewed 24 August 2017

I stayed here just one night on a business trip. I didn't have time to enjoy the resort amenities, but the room was excellent and the views were spectacular. I hope to return again and take advantage of the other features of this resort.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

We are delighted that you enjoyed your room and the spectacular views, and will look forward to welcoming you back to enjoy the wonderful amenities that we offer. Thank you for sharing your comments about your stay.

Reviewed 24 August 2017

I travel with my family often and we have stayed here a couple times in the last 2 months and we enjoy all the amenities they have to offer. But I was especially impressed with James our waiter for breakfast. He recognized me from our previous stay by the second day he knew me by name. I will be requesting James when we return in the future!

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family

Thank you for sharing your comments about your recent stay. It is always a pleasure to read that our team is delivering exceptional service; I will share your comments and personally thank Jim.
We will look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 23 August 2017

Wanted to escape for one last summer getaway with the family. This property is located at the base of the Catalina Mountains In Oro Valley. Location is absolutely perfect to lounge by the pool in the shadows of the amazing landscape. Most of the staff are great and very accommodating but when it comes to the Resort experience it does lack some of the Hilton qualities you would expect

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Ghee A, General Manager at El Conquistador Tucson, a Hilton Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2017

Thank you for spending the last summer getaway with us. The views of Pusch Ridge that our guest's enjoy while relaxing by the pool are incredible. We hope your family has a fun and successful school year and will look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 22 August 2017

I stayed in room 1643 a King suite with a separate living area and fireplace, which was nice. This is an older property that has had some upgrades to stay current.

PRO’s

• Has resort style atmosphere, tennis, golf, pools etc
• Small patio out back door of unit and an easy walk to the adult pool 100’ away
• Has tall cube fridge and microwave
• (2) 42” flat screen TV’s
• Excellent beds/bedding with choice of feather or foam pillows
• Nice feather comforter, like Hilton used in the past
• Bar area with sink
• Night lite in bathroom
• Seating area in family room with couch (with pull out)/chairs/table
• Reasonable INITIAL price
• Large bedroom
• Solid surface counters look nice
• Very good breakfast buffet
• Nice pool area with adult and children’s pools, hot tubs and cool waterfall
• Small separate adults only pool
• Quiet for setting

CON’s

• This property will need more updating to stay current
• HVAC noisy
• Slow poolside service
• NO ONSITE Laundry, very odd.
• If you’re not in the main building, be prepared to walk A LOT! Up and down hills and steps.
• Wi-Fi very weak, not worth using
• $25.00 per day resort fee on top of daily rate gets you lousy wi-fi, self parking and two bottles of water.
• SLOW check in and room wasn’t ready when promised. Waited two+ hours
• Watch out for wild life, we saw coyotes and snakes on property

This is a good property overall that has some rough edges, due to age. I think I was sold a bill of goods to “wait” for an upgraded room ¼ mile from main building. My experience may have been different had I been placed in the main building. Based on my experience, I wouldn’t stay at this property in the future.

Overall, I give this property an 82/100 and a 80/100 for value. Hilton is capable of better, but it’s not a bad property.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business

Thank you for your feedback. I hope that we will have another opportunity to welcome you back to enjoy one of the rooms in our main buildings.