This place really is THE oasis in the desert SW. Stay was excellent, bed and room beyond comfortable and service at the pool great. The attentiveness of the staff makes this small resort feel like a country club. Just don't ask for a Long Island Iced Tea at the pool bar. Seemed what I got was a John Daly instead. There was a wedding happening here this weekend, but service elsewhere did not seem to suffer. Sunday Brunch seems a big event here, and we were woefully underdressed as resort guests but the brunch was quite good. HOWEVER....On check-in I waited 20 minutes for someone to check me in and when they did finally arrive (too busy in the gift shop), they did not hand me the breakfast cards with my reservation. Most appalling, when asking for a late check out the guy seemed completely confused as to what to do, but when his colleague chimed in from across the other desk to say $50, he charged me for two additional hours. Note last year we stayed until 6pm NO CHARGE. I thought this was a nice touch, but this year, this was a complete unnecessary rip off after paying perhaps the highest nightly rate in the foothills for this weekend. When I asked for it to be removed, I was just outright ignored! As a return guest I was highly annoyed at being nickeled and dimed at a resort I spent over $1,200 at for 3 nights. Yes the place is exclusive and small but keep treating return guests like this and you can kiss my business and referrals goodbye.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience resort luxury with authentic, southwestern ambiance in Tucson, Arizona. Discover the romantic and vintage style of Hacienda Del Sol Guest Ranch Resort. Rich in Tucson history, the resort resides in the foothills of the Santa Catalina Mountains on 34 acres of natural desert landscape. Botanical gardens envelop the resort's private casitas, guest rooms and suites. Authentic adobe structures and hand-carved, wood-beamed ceilings circa 1929 are just a few of the preserved details amidst modern day amenities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Hacienda Del Sol Guest Ranch Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hacienda Del Sol Guest Ranch Hotel Tucson
- Hacienda Del Sol Tucson
- Hacienda Del Sol Hotel
- Hacienda Del Sol Guest Ranch Resort Tucson, Arizona