All reviews the grill boarding school historic rooms girls school historic resort private patio catalina foothills horseback riding older rooms grounds are beautiful city lights outdoor shower mountain view wonderful stay happy hour main building our room was spacious
Reviewed 13 October 2017

Our time at Hacienda del Sol was 'soul refreshing' and I think we'll be referring to it in the future as 'Hacienda del Soul!' The setting is simply spectacular - a little oasis in a beautiful desert environment. Our room was also lovely - with southwest decor and design detail that was beautiful. It was very difficult to leave, but we did so feeling rested and refreshed, having enjoyed the beauty of nature from our own little balcony. We enjoyed sunrises and sunsets, desert birds with nests in the saguaro cactus, and even spotted a herd of javelinas in the distance! We would come back in a heartbeat and have already recommended this lovely resort to family and friends, something we rarely do.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Mauro T, Manager at Hacienda Del Sol Guest Ranch Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2017

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your comments and for recommending us to others, I too feel fortunate that I get to be surrounded by such beauty every day. I do hope that we have the opportunity to be at your service again in the near future!

Reviewed 12 October 2017 via mobile

This place is amazing. The Casitas are a great getaway. They are spacious and some have outdoor showers. The resort has multiple pools. There is a bar / restuarant and a fancier restuarant--the Grill. I recommend reservations for either. The bar restuarant has outdoor seating and often entertainment. When we were there they had a blues singer performing. The Grill has a Sunday brunch that is to die for. It's $$$$ but worthy of a try at least once--a special occasion is nice here. Lastly make time to stroll around the grounds and read the history of the resort. It was an old girls school many years ago. It's fascinating. Also the owners seem to have a knack for metal sculpting. There are many fun sculptures all over the grounds. It's a fun, getaway weekend for couples.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Mauro T, Manager at Hacienda Del Sol Guest Ranch Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2017

Thank you so much for your review! We really appreciate your taking the time to share your experience with everyone. The brunch, the artwork, and the history are all among the most oft-mentioned details that our guests say they enjoy about our the Hacienda. Just to clarify for anyone interested in staying with us, it is certain Catalina Rooms that have the outside showers. The Casita Rooms (of which there are only 2) both have beautiful views and big patios/porches but do not feature the outside showers.
Thanks again and I do hope we see you again soon!
Mauro T.

Reviewed 6 October 2017

Absolutely beautiful resort in every aspect. Outstanding service, and with a fascinating history. We stayed in the Headmistress Suite which is decorated in an adorable fashion that evokes its earlier historical era while having every modern appointment one needs. At sunset, we enjoyed relaxing on the patio gazing at the well landscaped cactus garden while listening to the music of the hotel's live entertainment. The patio even has a chimera for cooler nights. We now think of Hacienda del Sol as a destination as much as it is a place to stay.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Mauro T, Manager at Hacienda Del Sol Guest Ranch Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 7 October 2017

Thank you so much for your review! It is almost Chiminea season again here in Tucson and, with temperatures dropping at night, it won't be long before there are fireplaces lit all around the property.
I'm so happy that you had a great stay and I hope we get to see you again soon!

Reviewed 3 October 2017 via mobile

So lucky to find this beautiful hotel with the history to boot! The gardens are stunning! Everything we ate was amazing! Stunning views from the pools! Had the best facial! I could no get enough of the guest shop. Our Clark Gable suite was truly wonderful with such history.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience here. We are the lucky ones that you found and chose us! I also love that you mentioned our Gift Shop. I've been in the hotel industry for years and normally, the hotel gift shop is just a place for sundries or touristy items. This gift shop is the exception! There are so many beautiful, unique and interesting items that I am actually a regular customer as well! I'm glad that you loved it as much as I do!
Thanks again for staying with us and we cannot wait to welcome you back soon!

Reviewed 3 October 2017

Please read in original English:

My wife and I spent 11 nights at the Hacienda in Sept 2017 and I think it entitles us for an in-depth opinion.
First - The location is spectacular and the views are simply grand. The basic choice of rooms is either with a city view or a mountain view. We opted for a city view because at night the view is spectacular . The mountain view is simply dark at night and you can soak up all the mountains yu want from poolside and enjoy truly spectacular Arizona sunsets..

Second: We had a catalina class room - which was a tad more expensive - but for 11 nights the comfort was worth it. A great view and a large balcony with a lounger plus table and chairs. Room was clean. Maid service was reliable and top notch. Lots of towels and any amenity we needed.

Third: Personnel - This is a special place where the staff actually takes pride in working for a privately owned resort. It makes a huge difference as we used to stay in another resort in Tucson that has gone the way of corporate hotel chains wth , higher prices and lower service levels. The Hacienda has an intimate atmosphere with quiet privacy.

Fourth: Dining - well this is why we did not give the full 5 stars. Hotel restaurants are iffy at best. However, this one serves very good food, has fine service and is more expensive that most restaurants in Tucson--But you are getting a priceless view with your meal. What's not to like? No tablecloths at night. Just covers that do not cover the entire table and detract from the entire ambience. This is such a small thing to fix and would raise the entire dinng experience to 5 stars. We had a grand meal accompanied by classical guitar music. .

So, to wrap up, yes it is a great place for an extended stay, two pools, great clean rooms, super location, helpful friendly staff 24/7, A wee bit expensive. For dinner I suggest the old traditional steak house (El Corral) at the foot of the hill.

Room Tip: City view - we had room 97
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with us. While it sounds like you had and exceptional visit, our goal is to constantly improve so I am grateful for your feedback and have shared it with our management team for follow-up.
One of the great advantages of being a locally owned, independent hotel is that it allows us the opportunity to provide a more intimate "Tucson" experience than many of the "big-box" hotels. I'm happy that you also noticed this and I hope that we have the opportunity to be at your service again soon.