All reviews the grill boarding school historic rooms girls school historic resort private patio catalina foothills horseback riding older rooms grounds are beautiful city lights outdoor shower mountain view wonderful stay happy hour main building our room was spacious
Reviewed 28 September 2017

I've visited this resort several times over the last 10 years. It gets better every time. On this visit I took my mother in law to lunch and between the outstanding food, great view and enchanting waitress Valarie it was a memorable event. The grounds are beautiful and exceptionally well maintained. The staff from the valet to the concierge are upbeat, professional and there to serve. Simply first class all the way.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Mauro T, Manager at Hacienda Del Sol Guest Ranch Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 7 October 2017

I recently responded to another review and mentioned how nice it is to hear from our guests that have been visiting us for years. It means the world to know that our update and expansion has been so well received by our repeat guests. We thank you for your continued loyalty and for taking the time to let us know that we're providing the experience our guests have come to expect!

Reviewed 27 September 2017

Just a quick note and thanks to the staff at Hacienda Del Sol (HDS). Many thanks to their restaurant manager John Bujarski and to our wonderful server Jaquete. Out company team for the past 10+ years make a point at having dinner at the resort and we were not disappointed last night. Their food is excellent and reasonably priced, a great wine selection and some really good custom drinks at the bar. What was really interesting though is that the property has undergone a renovation over the past couple of years and from what we could see last night looked very impressive. I plan to go back soon and see if I can get a tour to get a better look at renovation. HDS has quite a history and if you have time check out their web site. They also have horses that guests can rent and the area up in the hills is a great place to ride. If in Tucson check this resort out for a stay or at least for dinner, you will not regret it.

Room Tip: They are all great
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business

Thank you so much! With as many new guests as we have had since our recent expansion and renovation, it's great to hear such nice comments from our long-standing, repeat guests. Please let us know when you'd like to come out for a tour, we'd love to show you all the improvements we've made to both the historic and new areas of the resort.

Reviewed 26 September 2017

My mother and sisters stayed for the night while sitting Tucson, and just loved this place! The rich history that the friendly staff was happy to share with you, the sunset horseback ride right on sight, Great food, adorable rooms, picture perfect location for a wedding (if your looking) Just perfect, thanks!

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family

Thank you so much for your kind review. We love that you loved it here! I hope that we have the opportunity to be at your service again soon!

Reviewed 18 September 2017 via mobile

My husband and I stayed for 3 nights for our anniversary, the service was extraordinary from the moment we arrived. The valet unloaded our bags and walked us to the front desk, waited while we got our keys, and took us to our room and unloaded everything. The grounds are beautifully manicured with lots of outdoor seating, two courtyards, two pools, and two restaurants. Everyone from groundskeepers, housekeeping, restaurant staff, front desk...all were so friendly and went out of their way to make our trip amazing. I've stayed at other resorts in the area, the service at Hacienda del Sol was hands down the best. The resort has a rich history, is just the right size, and the views of the magnificent desert are amazing. Highly recommended.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jean M
Mauro T, Manager at Hacienda Del Sol Guest Ranch Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 22 September 2017

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us here at the Hacienda. I'm so happy that we were able to help make your anniversary a special one. I'm a little biased but I agree with you that we have a great team, a beautiful property, and are located in an amazing location.
I hope that we have the opportunity to be at your service again soon and am grateful that we also have such amazing guests!

Reviewed 16 September 2017

I was quite apprehensive regarding the accessible room and how the motorized cart would work out in the room and on the property. From the beautiful view of the mountains and the ease and comfort in the room made my week's vacation a 100 percent memorable experience. The Catalina location actually felt like a villa. The staff was exceptionally knowledgeable about directing us to the locations of authentic Mexican cusine. Will I return? You bet! Reservations were made last spring for next spring. The staff was willing to rearrange the entrance to the gift room for the motorized cart to enter. My stay was beyond all expectations.

Room Tip: The Catlina room was beautiful. I do believe every room would be an exquisite experience.
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family

Thank you so much for your review of your stay with us! I am glad to hear that it was a memorable one and that you'll be returning.
We look forward to having you stay with us again and that you got to experience a little of the local flavor as well!