Please read in original English:
My wife and I spent 11 nights at the Hacienda in Sept 2017 and I think it entitles us for an in-depth opinion.
First - The location is spectacular and the views are simply grand. The basic choice of rooms is either with a city view or a mountain view. We opted for a city view because at night the view is spectacular . The mountain view is simply dark at night and you can soak up all the mountains yu want from poolside and enjoy truly spectacular Arizona sunsets..
Second: We had a catalina class room - which was a tad more expensive - but for 11 nights the comfort was worth it. A great view and a large balcony with a lounger plus table and chairs. Room was clean. Maid service was reliable and top notch. Lots of towels and any amenity we needed.
Third: Personnel - This is a special place where the staff actually takes pride in working for a privately owned resort. It makes a huge difference as we used to stay in another resort in Tucson that has gone the way of corporate hotel chains wth , higher prices and lower service levels. The Hacienda has an intimate atmosphere with quiet privacy.
Fourth: Dining - well this is why we did not give the full 5 stars. Hotel restaurants are iffy at best. However, this one serves very good food, has fine service and is more expensive that most restaurants in Tucson--But you are getting a priceless view with your meal. What's not to like? No tablecloths at night. Just covers that do not cover the entire table and detract from the entire ambience. This is such a small thing to fix and would raise the entire dinng experience to 5 stars. We had a grand meal accompanied by classical guitar music. .
So, to wrap up, yes it is a great place for an extended stay, two pools, great clean rooms, super location, helpful friendly staff 24/7, A wee bit expensive. For dinner I suggest the old traditional steak house (El Corral) at the foot of the hill.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience resort luxury with authentic, southwestern ambiance in Tucson, Arizona. Discover the romantic and vintage style of Hacienda Del Sol Guest Ranch Resort. Rich in Tucson history, the resort resides in the foothills of the Santa Catalina Mountains on 34 acres of natural desert landscape. Botanical gardens envelop the resort's private casitas, guest rooms and suites. Authentic adobe structures and hand-carved, wood-beamed ceilings circa 1929 are just a few of the preserved details amidst modern day amenities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hacienda Del Sol Guest Ranch Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hacienda Del Sol Guest Ranch Hotel Tucson
- Hacienda Del Sol Tucson
- Hacienda Del Sol Hotel
- Hacienda Del Sol Guest Ranch Resort Tucson, Arizona