“Tucson ”

Hacienda Del Sol Guest Ranch Resort
Ranked #3 of 129 Hotels in Tucson
Reviewed 14 November 2016 via mobile

Based upon the reviews on Trip Advisor and wanting something different, I booked the Hacienda Del Sol Guest Ranch. The location was great and we loved the landscaping around the resort. Our room was nice but the air conditioner was very loud which kept waking up my partner. We had drinks, I had a salad and my partner had soup at the Grill one night, our bill was $110 before tip! I had 2 margaritas and one martini, he had a couple of beers and a White Russian. Our fault for not checking what the drinks cost beforehand but we were a little shocked when we got the bill especially since we didn't have a real dinner and only a small salad and bowl of soup. The pool closest to our room was not well kept but could be because it was October and not really swimming season. We at breakfast there one morning. It was just ok. So overall considering the cost to stay there along with the things I mentioned previously, I cannot give this more than 3 stars.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Patti L
Mauro T, Manager at Hacienda Del Sol Guest Ranch Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 17 November 2016

Thank you so much for your review of your stay with us. The landscaping and natural beauty of the property are some of the most frequently mentioned features when guests tell us what they love about our resort.
I also want to apologize for the disappointment you experienced with regard to the air conditioning unit. I have asked our engineering department to perform a check of all rooms to insure that your experience is not a recurring one.
I have also shared your feedback about your experience in our restaurant with both the Food and Beverage Director as well as our Executive Chef. They were both surprised and disappointed that your experience fell short of your expectations and asked that I pass on their apologies.
Finally, I have asked our Executive Housekeeper to revisit our pool-cleaning schedules and increase the frequency of visits by our public-area attendants. He has informed me that he has now adjusted to a winter schedule to compensate for the desert trees losing their leaves.
Our goal is always to deliver a five-star experience, so it is disappointing when we fall short of that goal. I do hope that you will give us the opportunity to serve you again and thank you so much for providing us the feedback that we need to constantly improve.
Mauro A. Trejo

Reviewed 14 November 2016

I have been to Tucson many times but unfortunately did not know about this gem until my last trip. The charm, comfort, history and great customer service won me over. Would not hesitate to stay here again and recommend this hotel to anyone. if you want a hotel with history or modern amenities, this place has both.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank justacomment

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. Part of what we feel is special about our property is exactly what you mentioned: the palpable history of the Hacienda and the natural beauty of the Sonoran Desert joined with the class and luxury of a modern resort.
I've shared your feedback with our team and we thank you for staying with us. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 6 November 2016

Every room we've stayed in has been wonderful.
when we can our favorite is a casita. the suites
are wonderful also. looked at a Catalina with
outdoor shower and we may try one of those
next time. yes, we are already planning our next
visit.

Room Tip: any room is wonderful. every room has something special about it.
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
Mauro T, Manager at Hacienda Del Sol Guest Ranch Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2016

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with us. The views from the new Catalina Rooms (to the north or the south) are also amazing and I'm confident that you'll enjoy those as much as you have the Casita views to the west. Thanks again for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 3 November 2016

We stayed here for two nights in October and couldn't have been happier. The brand new Catalina rooms are amazing--huge beautiful bathroom, comfortable bed, great view of the desert hillsides and the Saguaros from a private balcony. Our room was spotless, and I am a stickler for cleanliness. The pool was small, but refreshing and also had wonderful views. Plenty of lounging space to sit and watch the sun sink behind the mountains. We ate dinner one night at the nicer on-site restaurant--delicious grilled octopus--and had lunch at the pool and room service breakfast.;all were tasty and not too overpriced. Lastly, the service here was top notch. Everyone from the guy who refilled the pool's ice water to the wait staff to the front desk folks was competent and super nice and warm and the whole property is really quiet and pretty. Even with a wedding taking place, it didn't feel crowded or too loud. We felt welcomed at this property and wished we could have stayed longer. Can't wait to return.

Room Tip: Get the newly remodeled Catalina rooms.
1  Thank dreamingofescapes

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. Our new Catalina Rooms have been among our most-requested room types since they were opened last November. Your feedback has also been shared with our housekeeping and restaurant teams.
We appreciate your choosing to stay with us and are happy that we could make your stay a great one!

Reviewed 29 October 2016

This was the most beautiful hotel room we've stayed at. It was immaculately clean, gorgeously decorated, and had a million dollar panoramic view of the Catalina Mountains with a furnished patio facing them. The entire resort is beautiful. The food at the restaurants was great. I think my favorite part of our stay was the staff because everyone smiled and asked if we were enjoying ourselves. And we sure did! Laura Burns, in management did an exceptional job making us feel welcome and handling a request that we had. I highly recommend splurging a little and staying here.

Room Tip: If you have to pay a little extra for a mountain view, it's well worth it.
1  Thank mariegoetz

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. It is always a pleasure to know that our guests have had a wonderful stay. I have shared your comments with our staff (Laura says "Thank you!"). We hope to have the opportunity to be at your service again in the near future!