All reviews room was clean denny's restaurant room key waffle house flat screen tv budget hotel comfortable stay stayed two nights king bed redicard freeway desk housekeeper microwave program
Reviewed 5 June 2018 via mobile

I just wanted to say I came down here for a family reunion. The the whole staff was very nice! The cleanliness was very perfect, at this hotel. when we needed to find something new to do the front desk gave us quite a few choices we had a lot of fun downtown, thank you so much!

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 27 May 2018

If you like taking showers in lukewarm water and walking on floors that make the soles of your feet black, this is that place for you. I experience both. Other than the dirty wood laminate floor, the room was clean enough and the bed comfortable. There was no refrigerator or microwave and no breakfast provided at the motel. The place looked as though it had once been a motel 6.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Kevin S, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Tucson South - Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2018

I am so sorry for the flooring and the shower only being lukewarm. I will try and find what room you were in as that should not have been an issue. Thank you so much for taking the time to write a survey.

Reviewed 25 May 2018

Nice location with great staff. Much better than when we stayed last year. Great stop over for this old couple on our way to California. The man at night was a great help delivering towels to me. It was affordable but a little higher priced than last year.

Room tip: You get a discount at Denny's next door.
Date of stay: April 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Your words were rather kind I will speak with both of the night guys to let them know they are doing a great job. Thanks for taking the time to let us know how we are doing.

Reviewed 15 May 2018

Stayed at Red Roof Inn South by the airport for mother's day weekend.
The good - lots of parking, Denny's is attached to the lobby of the hotel which is in a separate building, price was cheap, room size OK, all rooms are no smoking, there are elevators to second floor, 2 computer desks, animals seem to be permitted and all were very well behaved - no noise or smell. Front desk employee nice and friendly. Close to many tourist attractions and easy to get places since it is right off the freeway.
The bad - the bed was awful, pillows were about 1 inch thick and only 3 for a queen bed, floor is fake wood, and so dirty my feet were black within minutes, there was no refrigerator, no microwave, no coffee pot, the air conditioner worked, but was literally in pieces hanging off the wall, lots of noise from airplanes overhead and trains out side, other guests were very loud all night long, fighting, screaming, yelling, no hairdryer, no Kleenex box, 2 times our card keys quit working and we had to go to the lobby to get new ones, The stairs and grounds are littered with cigarette butts and other trash, employees seem to be living in a few rooms and have many personal items outside their doors. Reserved room was not ready and had to wait for it to be serviced. Not a safe place to walk around at night.
Beware - they automatically charge for use of room safe. You have to ask to have charge removed when you checkout. Do not just leave your cards in the room in order to checkout. Would not go back.

Room tip: Not sure there are any good rooms.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Kevin S, Manager at Red Roof Inn Tucson South - Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2018

So sorry your stay was less than perfect. The room you booked was a standard and does not come with Fridge, microwave, hairdryer, or coffee pot. I keep extras on sight for anyone that might want one, our deluxe two full bed or superior king come with all the amenities. As for your AC I have been slowly replacing all them I will go check that one and have it fixed right away. Sorry about any loud guests that you had to deal with. My grounds are picked up day so I am unsure of that comment. I am so sorry you feel unsafe walking around at night I have security at the hotel on the weekends and can assure you that it is perfectly safe. Once again I am so sorry you didn't have an awesome stay. Thanks for taking the time to write this survey as it will only help us improve and thanks for staying with us.

Reviewed 6 May 2018

Location was handy to PIMA air and space museum and that's why we chose this place. Dennys on site, waffle house and wendys across road. Check in was slow as one person training at peak time being helped by the other person. Had to ask for more than two pillows for two double beds, one of two beds had hairs in it but after a long day and long check in we didn't bother addressing this at the time and slept in other bed. Next day wet towels were removed but not replaced and as only one staff on reception (5pm) had to wait till he was free to provide more (6.30pm). Seemed to be lots of "things" happening in carpark ie people in cars etc,- not just normal hotel carpark traffic. Staff members at reception were friendly and helpful but understaffed at peak afternoon times.

Date of stay: April 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Kevin S, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Tucson South - Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2018

Oh no I am so sorry to hear that. We are currently training to have some extra coverage in the afternoons. Thanks for taking the time and giving us a review. I will share this with my afternoon GSR and let him know he did well and where we need to make improvements thanks again.