“Tuscon downtown is a treat!”
other travellers have booked this property
Bakery storefront
Walled, private courtyard takes full advantage of the morning sun. Great room is 27'x15' with soaring ceilings and huge windows.
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Bakery storefront
Walled, private courtyard takes full advantage of the morning sun.
Great room is 27'x15' with soaring ceilings and huge windows.
Original Art, Industrial custom built gathering table.
Mixture of antiques and custom furniture with an industrial vibe.
front bathroom with tub/shower
cool industrial style accents
front bedroom with queen bed
back bathroom with low threshold shower/shower seat.
Fully outfitted kitchen (with staircase down to root cellar!)
Fully equipped for preparing fresh, healthy meals and snacks.
sliding barn door closes off the garden bedroom.
romantic garden room bedroom with king bed.
King sized bed in the charming garden room
daybed in root cellar is NOT counted as a bedroom.
breakfast in the sun under the orange tree.
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Excellent - based on 9 reviews

Reviews from our community

931susant
New London, Connecticut
“Tuscon downtown is a treat!”
Reviewed 14 February 2018 for a stay in December 2017
person found this review helpful

As we drove up to this place I was perplexed. Kind of a low key area and not what I expected. I was just not familiar with how small the downtown of this sprawling city really is.
The house was just perfect for us - my husband and me plus his golf buddy. The main room is large and welcoming, and we relaxed there together drinking wine and listening to music (our iPad plugged into the house Bose speaker! ) The location is a few blocks from the greatest breakfast places! While the guys played golf, I discovered the wonderful low key Yoga studio up the street - $10 to drop in. Wonderful dinner spots all around.
Lovely kitchen and private garden patio out back. We will definitely return!

Date of stay: December 2017
29 Mar 2018
Thank you, Susan, for the nice review. You are so right about Tucson...It is really spread out, and it seems like I'm always driving to get somewhere. That is why we want to eventually move down there...go for days without getting in the car!

Anyhow, I hope you do come back, and I'd love to have you and your friends spend more time at the Bakery'
arragoise
London, United Kingdom
“A beautiful house which is also very comfortable and well-situated.”
Reviewed 19 January 2018 for a stay in January 2018
person found this review helpful

Nancy was extremely helpful before as well as on arrival and during our stay without being at all intrusive. The house has everything you will need, works easily and is really charming. There is parking outside and you can walk into the downtown area as well as to nearby cafes,delis and galleries in the immediate vicinity. We would definitely stay there again.

Date of stay: January 2018
29 Mar 2018
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of the Bakery, and for writing such a nice one! I do hope your travels bring you back to Tucson soon, and you stay at the Bakery again.
Mara F
“One of the best we’ve ever stayed in”
Reviewed 18 October 2017 for a stay in October 2017
person found this review helpful

We absolutely loved the bakery! We’ve rented from owners all over the world and this is one of our favorites.

Everything is exactly as it should be with lots of extras (our 12 year old just about lost her mind when she found her favorite iced tea in the fridge and was told she could actually drink it). The house is beautiful, well-equipped and in a great location. Also, Nancy was very professional and easy to work with.

We will definitely be back!

Date of stay: October 2017
25 Oct 2017
Thank you so much, Mara. It's always a good feeling to hear that my guests had a good time.
I'm so glad your daughter enjoyed her treat..I can just picture her. "You mean I can have it?" Growing up, my parents were "thrifty,'" so the hotel mini bar was strictly off limits. But one time, they let us have a coke from it. We felt like millionaires!

I hope you do come back...soon, and often.
Joe F
Winter Garden, Florida
“Exceeds expectations”
Reviewed 17 December 2016 for a stay in December 2016
people found this review helpful

Booked this property for a weekend stay in Tucson. Contacted the owner with a few questions and she was more than helpful. Super clean and very well appointed. Pictures don't do this property justice. Feels like you are staying at a stylistic friend's home, not a vacation rental. Location is perfect for walking to restaurants and bars (.7 miles). If you want to feel like you are part of the community, this is a great place to stay.

Date of stay: December 2016
19 Dec 2016
Thank you, Joe. It was a pleasure having you stay, and I am glad you enjoyed the Bakery. Hope business brings you to Tucson again soon.
Anne H
East Olympia
“The Best Place to Stay in Tucson”
Reviewed 13 November 2016 for a stay in September 2016
person found this review helpful

We stayed at The Bakery for a long weekend at the end of September for my niece's wedding. I am trying to come up an excuse to go back to Tucson just so that I can stay at The Bakery. From the pictures I thought we were staying in a small space. Wrong. The living room is very large, warm, and comfortable. The first bedroom and the kitchen are lovely with plenty of room. The second bedroom spans the width of the house, is large, and opens, through french doors, to a beautiful enclosed patio with a fountain. We had several family members over for brunch and even that group didn't fill up the space. What a beautiful place! So close to downtown but so quiet. Everything about booking, working with Nancy, finding it, and getting in with the key went without a hitch. I recommend this house without hesitation.

Date of stay: September 2016
Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The lovely and big rooms
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Recommended for:
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
Large groups People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
19 Nov 2016
Thank you, Anne, for taking the time to write such a nice review. I do need to do something to make it more obvious that the Bakery is pretty spacious. It's hard for a photograph to capture.

I'm so glad you were able to have your family over for brunch, and make good use of the space. It was a pleasure having you stay there, and I hope you do come back again very soon!
-Nancy Day
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing
US$USD
Ireland
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.