“A dive but...”

Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner
Reviewed 15 June 2017

Found this place on TripAdvisor. I lived in Tucson for a couple of years and always found the best Mexican at little dives. This place had good reviews and looked authentic...Except for the Italian drapes. Not bad but fairly disappointing given our hopes. Chips were basically out of a bag, salsa as well. I ordered a green chili burrito, enchilada style with red sauce. It was not bad but I've had better at a chain restaurant near me at home. There was something bitter about it. I tried to narrow it down and think it might have been the green chili sauce. Overall, not bad but if you are looking for authentic, there are many places that are better within 5-10 miles of here.

1  Thank Scott C

Reviewed 30 April 2017

What a find! Not much near the Desert Museum so we were really pleased to find this place. The soups are wonderful as well as the chille rellanos. Every thing is home cooked and lots of local "snow birds" seem to frequent this place. The prices are very reasonable and my husband loved the salsa as well. This small place gets packed around lunch and dinner. We ate here twice and didn't find the need to go into the city
for great authentic Mexican food.

Reviewed 13 April 2017 via mobile

We stopped by Los Nopales for lunch between visits to the Arizona-Sonoran Desert Museum and Sweetwater Wetlands. This cozy restaurant offered so much yumminess in affordable and tasteful meals. We got the machaca (dried beef) chimichanga without sauce and it was very good, the red chili beef and beef enchiladas were great too. Don't let the unconsuming shopping center stop you. The entrance to the restaurant doesn't face the parking lot and you need to go around the corner.

Reviewed 9 April 2017 via mobile

I always try to check Yelp when I'm in an unfamiliar area. This was one of those times. Near the Desert Museum but did not want to pay the food prices at the facility.
There were 8 of us and we agreed the Mexican sounded really good.
Los Nopales was the closest and also had the best reviews.
We were not disappointed. The food was authentic, service efficient and priced right.
Highly recommend !

Reviewed 7 April 2017

Mostly the usual fare for me, nothing exceptional, but my husband loved his enchiladas. NIce folks and fast service.

Been to Los Nopales? Share your experiences!