“Do not order special Fish.”
Review of Acacia - CLOSED

Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Skyline and Campbell
Reviewed 24 March 2016

An otherwise lovely birthday dinner was marred by a tiny and inadequate serving of the special yellowfin tuna, priced at $32. The wine choices were excellent and we enjoyed our pricy but satisfying selection. The calamari appetizer was excellent, high quality squid, fresh and tender, flash fried in cornmeal with a very nice spicy sauce and garlic. The salads were large and delicious. My husband's cioppino was excellent, delicious scallops, shrimp, mussels and clams in a balanced sauce on pasta. But my special yellowfin tuna consisted of 2 small pieces of OK tuna, some cucumbers and tiny bits of polenta. There was no avocado as described by the waiter. For $32, this was entirely inadequate. We complained to the waiter and then to the manager who explained that the fish is expensive and this is all the chef could include in the entree. They offered me a side dish to compensate for the minuscule serving of fish. My husband countered that they should remove the charge from the bill, which they agreed to do. Even so, at this point, we were not about to stay for dessert and had no indication that my husband's birthday would have been acknowledged. We were very disappointed that Acacia would offer such an inadequate portion and then suggest that a side dish would be appropriate compensation. It's a shame because the space is lovely and the rest of the food was excellent in quality and quantity.

Reviewed 7 March 2016

Happy hour is terrific. Especially on Sunday when they have this wonderful burger on the menu for $5.00. The house wines are excellent ! The diners are very good also. Unfortunately they are closing mid May. If you have the opportunity to eat there for lunch, diner or happy hour please go enjoy this wonderful restaurant before they are gone. It is such a shame to loose such a wonderful restaurant with a wonderful view.

Reviewed 26 February 2016

We knew we had to go to an early dinner as we didn't have reservations anywhere. Upon approaching the hostess, she asked if we had reservations and we replied that we did not but were happy to sit in the bar area. She seemed relieved and we enjoyed our dinner so much that we made reservations for brunch the next (Sunday) morning. Both meals were presented well and were very tasty. I'd go back anytime.

Reviewed 24 February 2016 via mobile

We enjoyed a nice lunch at Acacia. The restaurant was very attractive and the service was good.

We enjoyed a starter salad and the Chicago hot dog as well as a bowl of egg, chicken and tuna salads on lettuce. All were tasty and well portioned for lunch.

Reviewed 21 February 2016

My wife and I ate at Acacia last night for the first time. I'm an avid Yelper and Acacia's ratings had not impressed me; but last night we decided to try it.

Probably one of those few times that Yelp has not been on the money. We were both very pleasantly surprised with the warm atmosphere; nicely appointed restaurant; and great view of the city.

My wife had the tomato soup and the scallops which she said were both "excellent." I started off with a Cadillac Margarita which was very good, followed by the beet salad and maple smoked duckling--both were excellent in taste and presentation. I had a glass of the house petite sirah, which was not to my liking.

We would return and would recommend it to friends.