“Happy Hour”

Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Broadway
Reviewed 5 April 2012

I took a client for happy hour and the experience was just okay. The bar staff was not very enthused about being there and we only saw her twice during the two hour stay. We wanted wine and finger food. The wine list was very weak, but the food was good. We ordered Firecracker shrimp and calamari. The shrimp was nice, but the calamari was excellent. It had large chunks of vegetables fried into each chunk. Had it not been for the carefree service, it would have a great experience.

I have dined in the main restaurant in the past and it was nice. This review was an early afternoon lounge experience. Pricing is normal for Tucson bar food. Our bill came to $61 for drinks, two appetizers and grat.

It is set up like a sports bar, but worked well for us. Not overly loud.

Multh, Owner at Old Pueblo Grille, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review OPG's happy hour. We appreciate your kind words about the setting and the quality of the food. I am sorry that the service did not match. I have addressed this with the management team and they have assured me that they are all over it. Great service can make or break an experience and I apologize that yours was lackluster. You also mentioned the wine list. We are actually in the process of updating the list now. In the next few weeks we will have a great new list that will enhance the great food at OPG. Being described as 'just okay' is not good enough for us, and because of your feedback we will improve. Please join us again soon and thank you again for dining at one of Tucson's great local restaurants.

There are newer reviews for Old Pueblo Grille

Reviewed 29 March 2012

I wish we lived closer so we could return to the Old Pueblo Grille. The food was superb, although a bit expensive. We did not have drinks so I cannot comment on those. Nice ambiance inside and out. Good service, although it was a little slow. They were very crowded when we were there, so maybe that's a good sign.

1  Thank Maggie M
Reviewed 29 March 2012

Large patio, great food and very friendly, efficient service. We had mid afternoon lunch-a brisket salad and fish tacos. Both very good-will try to get back again soon.

1  Thank blondeegal
Reviewed 27 March 2012

I ate here with my parents, and although the food was excellent, the service was quite slow. maybe we hit a bad night, but it appeared that wait staff was unsure who was doing what. Their cornbread jalapeno muffins are FANTASTIC. I had the mac/cheese seasoned with Hatch peppers. YUMMY. prices are reasonable. We went early (5;30 or so) and still it was rather full. If going at peak times, or a large group, I'd definitely get reservations.

Reviewed 24 March 2012

Ate here twice while visiting Tuscon. Food is excellent. Service was just okay. Slow. Adult beverages are pretty expensive here. ASK how much before you order. We even questioned the amount on our bill... server said he was surprised too.... the price had just gone up and his manager didn't tell him ... if he had known he would have passed that info along to patrons. Really? Come on. He did offer to take it off the bill. But we just paid it. Next night we just passed on drinks. You won't be disappoint in the food!!

1  Thank ontheroad0809