“Fresh sushi!”

Ranked #193 of 2,213 Restaurants in Tucson
Price range: US$12 - US$20
Cuisines: Sushi, Asian, Japanese
Reviewed 15 November 2016

This place seems like a mom and pop type operation in the middle of a strip mall. How they get such a wide variety of very fresh fish I have no idea. I eat here whenever I'm in town. Their sushi is consistently fresh, nice plump cuts, wider than usual selections. Service used to be spotty but on this visit it was fast and friendly!

Date of visit: November 2016
1  Thank jebgirl

Reviewed 11 July 2016 via mobile

We visited for a late lunch/ early dinner
on a week day. After we were there about
20 min the place began to fill quickly.
We ordered chef choice and tempura,
both were excellent, fresh and delish.
Next time perhaps a ramen dish.
Will return for certain.

Date of visit: July 2016
Reviewed 29 April 2016 via mobile

This restaurant has a great atmosphere and fun staff! The sushi was reasonably priced and pretty good. However, the noodles lacked a lot of flavor. With all the sushi restaurants in Tucson to choose from, I don't think I'd go back!

Date of visit: April 2016
Reviewed 25 April 2016

I have to agree with a previous reviewer in that the presentation is slipping. I asked for appetizer of blue fin toro and it was out. I then picked out something else they had on a sign (many signs around this place) some sort of japanese scallop and that was also out. I picked one more thing that I saw on a sign that I knew was rare and asked for that - they were out. I settled on just a couple pieces of yellow tail sashimi, that ended up being delicious. I ordered some spicy salmon specialty roll after kind of giving up on being creative, feeling like I had to settle because the chef also wasn't overly willing to share any thoughts. The roll wasn't quite put together that well and the salmon seemed mushy, not overly thrilled about it. I had also ordered the seaweed and squid salad, and that was incredible! (I would stop there just for that). It was 2:30 pm when things shouldn't be overly busy (and it wasn't), but our server and the sushi chef seemed overly burdened with the people in there. We couldn't ask about anything, and really felt like they didn't want us there. I hope they figure out how to fix these problems, I really like the sushi here.

Date of visit: February 2016
Reviewed 25 March 2016

For Tucson, this place has very good sushi. We come here every time we are in town and we aren't disappointed. They have gotten very popular, and it's always crowded. The lady servers use to be so nice and patient, but now they are more rushed and orderly. The food is still of good quality, but the presentation is slipping. Lots of menu choices to please everyone. Casual atmosphere, fun, good food, decent price. Not our favorite, but we still like it. 3.5-4 stars

Date of visit: January 2016

Been to Sachiko Sushi? Share your experiences!