“Love the patio on a beautiful day !”

Casa Molina Restaurant
Ranked #217 of 2,162 Restaurants in Tucson
Price range: US$8 - US$8
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 21 March 2018

I have eaten here many times and even hostessed a big group on the patio which I love on pretty days or nights. I was in the neighborhood and definitely wanted some Mex and stopped in. Got a Tecate beer and ordered the shredded beef chimichanga (not on the lunch specials but only a buck more). It was HUGE and I took half home. I had a charming waiter who brought me a box for home. I could have used more lettuce/tomato and MAYBE it said sour cream came with the dish which I didn't get but it was fine w/o it anyway. Really enjoyed stopping in on a lovely day.

Reviewed 6 March 2018 via mobile

Quite dark i side at noon. Vintage furniture.

Our simple lunch was a burrito and a taco salad, both excellent. Large portions.

Kind waiter.

Reviewed 21 February 2018 via mobile

This was our first time here for breakfast on a Sunday morning. Buffet is available very reasonably priced with about everything you would want except what I wanted: huevos rancheros. Hubby wanted chilaquiles, so we ordered off the menu. Worth the wait. Chilaquiles were crispy and the red sauce was tasty with little bits of green olives, as we like it. We shared a bowl of AZ white menudo which was excellent. This place has been here since 1947. We used to live in the area 20 years ago and never tried it. Anytime in the future we may visit again and we will be sure to come back. PS: The table salsa and chips are also excellent.

Reviewed 14 February 2018

went to web to check out menu, called in order, casa molina person on phone suggested we up size our order to quart sizes way to much food for 3 people. The price was crazy high like 48.00 for 2 quarts and 1 quart of beans, and some chips. It calls for tortillas. If your gonna advertise that it comes with certain Items than sell it with what it comes with, with take out orders- it would be nice to offer bows to go along with these huge size qts. we were talked into buying. Probably will never buy again.

Reviewed 5 February 2018

IT HAS BEEN A REAL HIT & MISS WITH THIS PLACE.
Super Bowl Sunday I went there because I could watch a bit of the game. I ordered the Carne Asada Plate and it was by far the worst steak I have ever had. Every bite was tough and chewy. I am sure that their tacos and such are passable. I went there at 4:00 and the place was empty. My plate arrived at 4:50.