“A Delight!”

Cuisines: Mexican, Contemporary
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings
Neighbourhood: El Presidio
Reviewed 21 November 2017

The wait staff was attentive and knowledgable. The service exceeded our expectations. The food was all that we imagined it might be from reading other reviews. I took advantage of having both the chocolate and savory mole. The chocolate was great but I was surprised to find that I enjoyed the savory mole even more. My wife had a smoked pork dish that spoke to all her senses. It looked, smelled, and tasted great. I did not think the prices were beyond what to expect for the location, the service, and the food. It was a treat.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,710)

Reviewed 19 November 2017

We have eaten here three times in two weeks, twice for lunch.

While not always a fan of "South of the Border" style cooking, this place has made a believer out of us. We really appreciated the incredible nuance of flavors that this restaurant gives its diners. Each entree is unique in its own right.

The plates are extremely well presented. The menu, which changes twice a day is different each time. The portions are more than adequate for anyone (despite what I have seen in other reviews). And the price is good for the quality offered.

And the service is great. All of the people we encountered were hospitality to the max. The owner even made it her business to cruise the dining room and greet her guests. Even a cheerful good bye upon leaving.

We highly recommend this place, and look forward to returning many times in the future.

Reviewed 17 November 2017

The menu looked vey interesting. When the dinner arrived, while the various items were tasty, the small portions (vrs the price) were "camouflaged" by a lot of greenery. Not worth a return trip by this party.

1  Thank OldPuebloFan
Reviewed 17 November 2017 via mobile

We visited Cafe Poca Cosa for lunch while vacationing in the Tucson area. The waitress was so pleasant and it was great to hear her describe/pronounce each of the unique dishes they offer. Despite the comments from the previous reviewer, the plating is superb and I certainly did not leave a shred of lettuce or beans on the plate. Suzanne came by and greeted all the guests, that is such a warm gesture. For desert, we tried the sampler and they gladly packed up one of their homemade cupcakes. Even the coffee was superb, probably used a French press. Even though we went during the day, the ambiance is very modern and sophisticated, it must look amazing in the evening. We would certainly return and recommend this local gem to friends.

Reviewed 16 November 2017

My husband & I enjoyed our dinner, but the plating left much to be desired. we ordered the Chef's plate, three entrees of the Chef's choice. The entrees were pretty good -- my complaint is the overloading of the plate with a hugh mess, and I repeat mess of salad greens--- impossible to eat the salad, which distracted from the entrees! It would have been a much better dining experience if the salad was served on its own plate. Because of the overloading plating there was no room to enjoy the rice and beans, which were served separately. Good food, but plate it so it can be properly enjoyed. Don't think we'd go back. .

2  Thank Dory92064