“Limited menu, small portions”
Review of Curry Leaf

Curry Leaf
Ranked #306 of 2,009 Restaurants in Tucson
Price range: US$5 - US$14
Cuisines: Indian
Description: Curry Leaf Indian Restaurant is a family owned restaurant since 2005 that focuses on South Indian food such as Dosa, Idli Sambar, Biriyanis, Curries but also have other North Indian specialties such as Naan, Paalak Paneer, Aloo Gobi, and many other dishes like Tikka Masala, and Kormas. Our lunch specials start from only $6, and dinner entrees start at just $9 and range to $14.
Reviewed 19 February 2017

My wife had a lamb sagai and I had lamb vindaloo and we shared a vegetable dish. We had been away from our home near Vancouver BC which has some of the best indian food so we did not have high expectations. We love indian food however and needed a "fix". The food was surprisingly good. Portions were a bit undersized and the menu was limited but we were not disappointed. Value was not what it should be to be a truly good restaurant.

There are newer reviews for Curry Leaf

Reviewed 28 January 2017 via mobile

Service was fairly fast and very friendly. We had chicken Tikka and lamb korma. Both dishes and the naan were excellent. I would highly recommend this restaurant!

Wifi is free, download speed was tested at 5.5 MPS.

Reviewed 21 January 2017

Anybody who knows anything about Indian food will recognize that the grub in this place is excellent. I spent years in London and ate my way through the Brick Lane curry houses -- this joint stacks up against the best of them. Aside from the quality and authenticity of the food, the prices and service are top notch.

Reviewed 2 January 2017 via mobile

Located in a drab strip mall off of Grant Road, this place doesn't look like much from the outside, and the decor inside isn't a whole lot better, as its rather austere. But it's well worth the food, extensive menu, knowledgeable service; it might have been one of the owners who waited on us, as when I ordered the Lamb Korma, he wanted me to know that the lamb is "free range right now and a bit chewy, not like the March lambs." When you think about it, perhaps those aren't lambs roaming out there in december, but rather sheep? Which equals mutton, etc. So I switched to the chicken korma and it was delicious, mildly spiced (at my request) and very tasty curry sauce. My husband's shrimp biryani was good, well spiced, but not heavy on the shrimp. The only disappointment was that the server forgot our mango lassi and we had to remind him halfway through the meal, but then it came immediately and was very good and quieted down all the curry spices. No liquor license, so if that bothers you, find another place, but for the food, this place was well worth it and moderately priced. Good choice if you're in midtown Tucson.

Reviewed 9 December 2016 via mobile

Went here for lunch and it was delicious. The garlic naan, panek paneer and samosa were very good. The desert of honey balls were good also. Portions for lunch were smaller than expected.

Been to Curry Leaf? Share your experiences!