“Hidden Gem”

Curry Leaf
Ranked #342 of 2,042 Restaurants in Tucson
Price range: US$5 - US$14
Cuisines: Indian
Description: Curry Leaf Indian Restaurant is a family owned restaurant since 2005 that focuses on South Indian food such as Dosa, Idli Sambar, Biriyanis, Curries but also have other North Indian specialties such as Naan, Paalak Paneer, Aloo Gobi, and many other dishes like Tikka Masala, and Kormas. Our lunch specials start from only $6, and dinner entrees start at just $9 and range to $14.
Reviewed 20 August 2016

We were driving down East Grant looking for a place to have lunch before a doctor's appointment. My wife spotted Curry Leaf. It's not where you would expect an Indian restaurant.

We stopped expecting the usual lunch buffet. We were pleasantly surprised! I had the chicken vindaloo, she had the chicken korma. The vindaloo was spicy, as expected. My wife loved the korma.

And, the prices were very reasonable.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 5 April 2016 via mobile

The korma is yum! Great for lunch, quick bit, or take out. No buffet : ( Outside is better than you would expect from the neighborhood.

Reviewed 23 March 2016

We stopped for lunch and were surprised not to find the usual buffet, but, instead, a good menu of individual choices. We particularly liked the various chicken and curries we tried. The dosa are generous and fun, if demanding a certain dexterity or the willingness to break into pieces! The service was attentive, perhaps due to the small number of diners when we were there. Also, it is easily wheelchair accessible.

Nisheeth K, Owner at Curry Leaf, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2016

Thank you so much for the wonderful feedback learnerWi. I am glad you tried our dosa. We take lot of pride in being able to provide unique Indian dishes like dosa and biriyani to the Tucson market and it is comforting to hear positive feedback. We look forward to serving you next time.

Reviewed 29 February 2016

We had never noticed Curry Leaf before, but decided to give it a try and were so glad we did. Our server, who I assume was also the owner, was very pleasant and smiled a lot. The food was outstanding and the portions were good. The decor was nice, but the booth was a little uncomfortable. My side seems to squish down much more on my side. Overall though, it was an excellent lunch and would highly recommend it.

Reviewed 5 February 2016

I was literally heading somewhere else and saw this place. Decided to give it a shot. I was pleasantly surprised. I arrived around 12:15pm and there was only one person eating, which made me a bit nervous. Only two more people came in by the time I left. That said, beats waiting in line trying to get a table. The server was super nice and I am guessing was the owner. He asked how spicy I liked my food and recommended the curry (I got lamb). Was very good and very spicy! I was happy. Atmosphere is pretty spartan, but for the food and price, I will be back!

1  Thank Shane S
Nisheeth K, Owner at Curry Leaf, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2016

Hi there Bubba G. I am glad you were able to find us, and try our food. We are working on decorating the place and giving it an overall theme still. We are small so we add on little piece at a time when resources become available. Hopefully by the time you visit us again, we will have a more complete look.

Been to Curry Leaf? Share your experiences!