Lowest prices for your stay
US$78
Free cancellation until 01/05/21
Reserve now, pay at stay
Priceline
SAVE US$22
Expedia.comUS$78
Hotels.comUS$78
Lol.travelUS$88
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 26 January 2020

This hotel offers modernized rooms. Everything worked well; tub and shower wonderful; two great beds, heating was perfect (in Jan.), huge flat tv; there is an iron and ironing board, and they have a great desk to work, with the best lighting I have ever experienced in a hotel room. Wifi is fast and reliable, free. There is a fridge. When we stayed there, the gem show happened to be set up, which made parking a little difficult. There was no real lobby left, and so they canceled the breakfast counter to the online advertisement, I had booked the room through Hotel.com, and when I complained, they gave us a voucher (thank you). Staff was very friendly and accommodating. The hotel has only two floors, and there are balconies looking onto the inner courtyard, nice. The hotel is right next to the Santa Cruz river, so you can easily go for a walk (across the bridge. A Mountain is also close by (you need a car). The noise level from the highway next to the hotel is quite high.

Date of stay: January 2020
2  Thank aclassen
Reviewed 2 December 2019

The staff was very nice and friendly. The free breakfast was also good. The rooms facing the freeway are very noisy and sleeping is very difficult. We asked for a room that was not facing the freeway and were told there were not anymore. However the parking lot was almost empty on the other side of the hotel so I'm not sure this was accurate. The room was okay but not equipped with a hair dryer. I asked at the front desk and was able to borrow one. The manager should have one of his female employees try to apply makeup in the hotel room. There are lights in the room but not well placed to apply makeup. I have a travel mirror, it is not lit. The mirror in the vanity area was too far from the edge of the counter to use the travel mirror and the wall mirror does not have any lighting above it. I'm sure management is aware of the noise level so trying to provide an accommodating environment would go a long way towards overlooking this challenging issue. Again, the staff was very pleasant and kind.

Room tip: Asked for a room that is not along the freeway. If they cannot guarantee this, I would not stay here.
Date of stay: November 2019
Reviewed 3 October 2019

Checked in, front desk is awesome. My bed had several hairs on the duvet so I pulled back the cover like I always do. What I saw in the sheets were several different kinds of hairs , what appeared to be food or blood stains , nail clippings. Yep....nope. Couldn’t stay there

Date of stay: October 2019
Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank sillyGirl21
Redlion-222, Front Office Manager at Red Lion Inn & Suites Tucson Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2019

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We value our guests feedback as it helps with our continuing efforts to provide you the best stay possible. I appreciate you bringing this to my attention, we will address this with our team accordingly.

Reviewed 24 June 2019

Good value but located in a not so great part of town. Staff is not friendly or professional but rooms are clean and comfortable. Beds are comfortable and its usually quiet for sleeping. Overall its a good place to stay for the price.

Date of stay: June 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Redlion-222, Front Office Manager at Red Lion Inn & Suites Tucson Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2019

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We value our guest feedback as it help with our continuing efforts to provide you the best stay possible. Thank you for being our guest

Reviewed 4 June 2019

I was exhasted from a long drive. The service was great, hotel spotless & bed was to die for - I think it was BRAND NEW. Rate was honored even though when I checked in they showed a different amount. Breakfast buffet was adequate.

Date of stay: May 2019

Dear guest, Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to share your comments. We are glad you enjoyed your stay . Hope to see you again soon. Safe travels