2 people are viewing this hotel
US$166
Free cancellation until 02/05/21
Reserve now, pay at stay
designhotels.com
Free cancellation until 02/05/21
Hotels.comUS$142
PricelineUS$166
Expedia.comUS$142
All reviews rooms are small hip hotel happily stay here again fun pool passing through town clean bed bath products super close pool bar short stay close to downtown lovely room hotel lobby walk in shower location is great excellent hotel night stay
Selected filters
Reviewed 15 February 2021

Great hotel in the heart of Tucson, safe clean and very comfortable! The rooms are super cute, have great amenities and were very very cozy and comfortable. This is now officially one of my favorite places to stay in Tucson

1  Thank ht3bpg4pna
Christina Moore, Owner at The Tuxon, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2021

Hi ht3bpg4pna!

You're our favorite too! Thank you so much for your awesome comments. We hope to see you again soon :)

Reviewed 14 February 2021

Really wanted to like the hotel. It was as pictured, modern and renovated. But the layout and rooms numbering system was super confusing. The room looked nice but did not feel nice. Can’t pull up the shade without everyone looking in. The room felt claustrophobic. The drain in the shower didn’t work and water was backing up. Super disgusting. Called front desk and they were slow to offer new room. Had to actually chase down the front desk person for a new room key. The room was bare, need anything, must call front desk. Good luck on getting a response. I would not stay here again and don’t recommend it either.

Dear h0am018,

I would like to sincerely apologize for the issues you experienced during your stay. I will be bringing your comments to the team to help us improve for our guests. We never want our guests to feel uncomfortable or unhappy with the service they receive. I would love to make this up to you, please reach out to me directly at 520-372-2853.

Reviewed 14 February 2021

This is a great place to have a good time and restful stay. Great design throughout property with lots of great art. Fantastic bar, lounge and pool area, it reminds me of the best parts of Palm Springs.

1  Thank sjgibson2021

Hi Sjgibson2021!

Thank you so much! We are so happy you enjoyed the hotels vibe and hope we will get to vibe with you again soon!

Reviewed 9 February 2021

My stay at the Tuxon was evidence that southwestern hospitality exists. Everyone on staff made sure I was well taken care of - they were strictly adhering to Covid guidelines. And they had recommendations of things for me to do while I was in town - all of their recommendations were excellent. I had originally booked two days in town, but extended my trip because of their recommendations and hospitality. It was a great value and a great stay.

1  Thank Inspiration60506

Hi Inspiration60506!

Thank you so much for your awesome feedback! We are so happy you were able to enjoy Tucson during your time with us :)

We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 4 February 2021

I figured since this is a Marriott level 5 hotel, then surely they would have done something to block off the freeway noise (from when the property used to be a Motel 6 or whatever). Not so. I've spent hundreds of nights in hotels and this place was among the worst for freeway noise. Judging by how few cars there were in the parking lot it seemed obvious the place was mostly empty, but mysteriously they never had any available rooms on the back side of the hotel (away from the freeway) the several times I asked about moving rooms.

The wife and I were there for 5 days/4 nights. When I stay a few days at a hotel my MO is to hang stuff up/put clothes in drawers and then put the dirty clothes in the suitcase. However, these rooms have two clothes hangers on a wall hook and two very small drawers - that's it for storage. This place really is living out of a suitcase. And then the breakfast. We ate at the hotel once. It's all about expectations. If this were a Marriott level 2 hotel the breakfast would have been about right. But this is a level 5 hotel. There are so many great breakfast places in Tucson do yourself a favor and don't eat in the hotel.

On the plus side, the place was nicely decorated and the beds were comfy. The staff were mostly friendly and helpful. Still, when I checked in I asked about getting a room on the back of the hotel (none available, of course) and was told that no one had complained about the noise in the rooms. After one night there I realized that response was complete BS. There's no way I was the first to complain about the noise.

Date of stay: January 2021

Dear livefromvancouver,

Thank you for letting us know about your recent stay, I am glad you enjoyed the hotel aesthetic and the staff. I am beyond sorry about the issues you experienced during your stay with us. I will definitely be bring your comments up to the team to ensure we are helping our guests to receive what they need to have a relaxing and comfortable stay. We never want our guests to leave unhappy. I would love to make this up to you if possible. Please feel free to reach out to me directly at 520-372-2853.

Christina Moore