“Entertaining but could use more magic”

Carnival of Illusion
Carnival of Illusion in Tucson
Ranked #4 of 32 Concerts & Shows in Tucson
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Laugh, Have Fun and Celebrate at Arizona's ONLY Intimate Illusion Show. Roland Sarlot and Susan Eyed transport you on a beguiling magical journey around the world in their Vaudeville-Inspired Magical Parlour Show limited to just 100 special guests. Sarlot and Eyed have performed as house magicians at the world's top resorts, for Fortune 100 CEOs, to the 200 Most Powerful Women in America, and now they perform for you. The "Magic, Mystery and Oooh La La" happens select weekends during high season in four Arizona Locations. Check website for show times and details.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children, Wheelchair access
Reviewed 29 February 2012

We really enjoyed Warren and Annabelle's magic show in Maui and it sounded like a similar event so we were excited when we saw this highly rated show. My husband was disappointed. I thought the tricks they did were pretty good although the act itself was a little corny for my taste. I just wish they had spent more time on the magic/illusions and less time on the skits. I can't remember now but I believe the show was only an hour and 15 minutes and that included a 10 min intermission. Coincidentally, I attended a conference in Phoenix the next weekend and there was a mentalist there that did many more tricks (including a couple of the same ones) in 45 min.

We also took advantage of the show's buy one entree, get one free at the Cactus Rose in the Doubletree hotel after the show. I was surprised that it included the soup and salad bar. Everything tasted great. My prime rib was the most tender I've had in ages and my husband's salmon wasn't dry but, unfortunately, everything was luke warm.

1  Thank mdod

Reviewed 27 February 2012

What a fantastic hidden gem in our desert. I never knew this existed and it's on it's third season until a living social coupon came out. I took my daughter (16) and we had so much fun. We had dinner first at the Doubletree Cactus Rose and a we got a free entree with out tickets; what a bargain.

Reviewed 26 February 2012

Small venue is perfect for this parlor performance. Live performance that involves the entire audience.

1  Thank Jim S
Reviewed 26 February 2012

We seen the write up in Trip Advisor and my wife and i went on February 25.
It was held at the Double Tree in Tucson ,plenty of parking and a dinner special if you cared to use it! However the seating was done nicely no fuss. The performance was incredible , small group of filled audience all participated . The man and lady gave a outstanding show. I was so impressed that we are going again when my daughter and son-in law come to Az.I asked if my young grand children could attend,eight and ten as this is not a childrens show but a show they will remember the rest of their lives as it is so well done!

3  Thank Charles W
Reviewed 20 February 2012

This is something you won't likely see anywhere else - literally, an intimate display of "parlor tricks". The hosts are engaging and talented, and there is an almost amateurish charm to them - they generally seem to be doing this because they love it, and they don't come across as overly polished performers but more as real people having some fun with something they're good at. The show only runs an hour, so driving 2 hours from Phoenix and 2 hours back after the show seemed a bit much. You're best advised to either make the show part of a longer visit to Tucson (don't go just to see this show), or book tickets for when the show appears in Phoenix (1 or 2 weekends a month).

2  Thank Gary S

Been to Carnival of Illusion? Share your experiences!