“Entertaining but could use more magic” 3 of 5 bubbles

Carnival of Illusion in Tucson
Ranked #4 of 29 Concerts & Shows in Tucson
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: STEP RIGHT UP and get ready to laugh, have fun, and celebrate a magical night out with Carnival of Illusion! This top-rated program is "Revitalizing Magic" by blending an international travel theme with all the charms of a Vaudeville-inspired roadshow. Travel up-close with the national recipients for "Excellence in Magic" and catch a lively slice of magical history! Carnival of Illusion is Magic, Mystery, and OOOH la la! This Must-See event is great for date-nights, anniversaries, celebrations and special nights out. Purchase tickets in advance. Due to the popularity and intimate seating, shows sell out. For audiences 10 years and older. Step right up, join the fun, and experience an Evening of Old-World Magic!
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities
NC
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 44 helpful votes
“Entertaining but could use more magic”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 February 2012

We really enjoyed Warren and Annabelle's magic show in Maui and it sounded like a similar event so we were excited when we saw this highly rated show. My husband was disappointed. I thought the tricks they did were pretty good although the act itself was a little corny for my taste. I just wish they had spent more time on the magic/illusions and less time on the skits. I can't remember now but I believe the show was only an hour and 15 minutes and that included a 10 min intermission. Coincidentally, I attended a conference in Phoenix the next weekend and there was a mentalist there that did many more tricks (including a couple of the same ones) in 45 min.

We also took advantage of the show's buy one entree, get one free at the Cactus Rose in the Doubletree hotel after the show. I was surprised that it included the soup and salad bar. Everything tasted great. My prime rib was the most tender I've had in ages and my husband's salmon wasn't dry but, unfortunately, everything was luke warm.

1 Thank mdod

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Gilbert, Arizona
“Intimate Mystery”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2012

What a fantastic hidden gem in our desert. I never knew this existed and it's on it's third season until a living social coupon came out. I took my daughter (16) and we had so much fun. We had dinner first at the Doubletree Cactus Rose and a we got a free entree with out tickets; what a bargain.

Northville, Michigan
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Fun!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2012

Small venue is perfect for this parlor performance. Live performance that involves the entire audience.

1 Thank Jim S
Green Valley AZ
75 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 79 helpful votes
“Fantastic”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2012

We seen the write up in Trip Advisor and my wife and i went on February 25.
It was held at the Double Tree in Tucson ,plenty of parking and a dinner special if you cared to use it! However the seating was done nicely no fuss. The performance was incredible , small group of filled audience all participated . The man and lady gave a outstanding show. I was so impressed that we are going again when my daughter and son-in law come to Az.I asked if my young grand children could attend,eight and ten as this is not a childrens show but a show they will remember the rest of their lives as it is so well done!

3 Thank Charles W
Edmonton, Canada
55 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Something different and fun”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2012

This is something you won't likely see anywhere else - literally, an intimate display of "parlor tricks". The hosts are engaging and talented, and there is an almost amateurish charm to them - they generally seem to be doing this because they love it, and they don't come across as overly polished performers but more as real people having some fun with something they're good at. The show only runs an hour, so driving 2 hours from Phoenix and 2 hours back after the show seemed a bit much. You're best advised to either make the show part of a longer visit to Tucson (don't go just to see this show), or book tickets for when the show appears in Phoenix (1 or 2 weekends a month).

2 Thank Gary S

Been to Carnival of Illusion? Share your experiences!