New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Tucson Balloon Rides

Tucson Balloon Rides
Ranked #4 of 39 Tours in Tucson
More attraction details
Owner description: Tucson Hot Air Balloon Rides offers 'Sonoran Sunrise' flights followed by a delicious champagne brunch. Flights are an hour long and include beautiful mountain & desert panoramas, post flight champagne brunch, pictures of your flight and free pick-ups/drop-offs from all Tucson resorts and hotels.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Iowa City, Iowa
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 50 helpful votes
“Far exceeded my expectations”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 January 2012

My husband and I just returned from a vacation in Tucson, and our ride with Tucson Balloon Rides was definitely the highlight of our trip. When I made the reservation in October, I admit I was really nervous as I'm somewhat afraid of heights, but I knew my husband would love to ride in a hot air balloon. As the time of our ride drew closer, I grew more nervous. But once I was in the basket and the balloon starting lifting up, all of my fears vanished in an instant. Kevin immediately made me feel at ease with his skill and humor and, before I knew it, we were 1,000 feet off the ground, and I was in total awe of the scenery around us! The ride was one of the most--if not THE most--awesome experience of our lives. We both LOVED it! We thought this ride would be a once-in-a-lifetime experience, but we are ready to do it again and will do it again whenever we get the chance. I highly recommend Tucson Balloon Rides!

Visited January 2012
2 Thank IowaIndigoGirl

New York City, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A balloon ride worth taking”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 January 2012

If you are planning on taking a hot air balloon ride you want to do it with someone who knows what they are doing. The balloon ride was a beautiful, unique experience, one my husband and 10 year old son will never forgot. The pilot and owner of Tucson Balloon Rides, Kevin, was extremely knowledgeable and at all times in total control of the balloon. You could really relax and enjoy the sites because at no time did you feel concerned about safety (in my opinion most important). I highly recommend Tucson Balloon Rides

1 Thank Belle S
Kitty Hawk, North Carolina
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“If you get a chance, don't hesitiate, just do it!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 January 2012

From the pre-dawn departure, flying over the Tucson mountains, Kevin's amazing commentary, the beautiful balloon, the scenery, the whole experience including lading in the field and the champagne toast following........it was amazing. I'm sooooooo happy we did it!

Visited January 2012
1 Thank bbeckerobx
Los Angeles, California
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Flying High with Confidence!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 January 2012

I really loved the experience with Tucson Balloon Rides. We had terrific weather! The pilot was knowledgeable and experienced. He answered my questions with alacrity and confidence. I felt really safe and secure. I am normally terrified of heights but in a balloon it's not the same feeling at all.
Our first trip attempt was cancelled due to weather but re-booking was a breeze with Tammy.
The after flight brunch was simple and tasty! Th crew were fun and fabulous.

2 Thank ilevare
green valley az
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“This is fun.......”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 December 2011

Thought the ride was fantastic, even though it was a tad chilly. The owner did eveything to keep all of us comfortable until the balloon was ready to launch.

Nice little brunch after the flight. I do wish that the toast glasses were given as a souvenir though.

Visited December 2011

Been to Tucson Balloon Rides? Share your experiences!