Lowest prices for your stay
US$66
SAVE US$5
Expedia.comUS$67
Econo LodgeUS$67
getaroom.comUS$70
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 28 February 2019

I would not recommend the Econo Lodge University in Tucson to anyone. In fact, I would avoid staying at this property. I didn't have high expectations when booking this hotel, as I have stayed at Econo Lodge properties previously. Honestly, I have never encountered such a terribly maintained property, nor a hotel that would rather refund one’s money rather than provide clean sheets in addition to provide basic customer service when the sheets are visibly dirty the first time the bed is turned down.

I honestly have nothing positive to say about the hotel, apart from its location is convenient.

Here are the comments related to my stay in February 2019:

My sheets were dirty! That is, the top sheet had a large brown stain on it when I turned down the bed. I called the front desk and they told me it was too late to get new sheets, the operator then proceeded to ask if there were “two sheets on the bed” and when I responded that there were he instructed me to “just use the clean one.” When I refused and insisted on being provided with clean sheets, I was informed that I could come to the office for a refund. As it was almost 3 am by this point and it would be virtually impossible to find a different hotel, I refused. I proceeded to call Expedia customer service to help me address that issue, it was only after they called the front desk on my behalf that I was finally brought a new set of sheets, but that is all that occurred as the staff did not even offer to change the dirty sheets. I had to change the linens myself.

In fact, the hotel staff would not take any fault with regards to the dirty sheet. Instead I was informed numerous times that the linens are “rented” and not the properties responsibility.

The non-smoking room I stayed in still smelled of smoke; not fresh smoke but an odor that had permeated the walls, carpet, furniture, and linens.

The two pillows, yes only two on a queen size bed, were or poor quality. In fact, the two pillows were not even the same, but made of completely different materials and of different thicknesses and firmness.

The shower head was positioned at such a low height, that it was level with my chin. Therefore, the water would hit me from the neck and lower without bending down. (I am not overly tall, I am only 6'1".)

The TV automatically shut itself off after a certain amount of time. This occurred numerous times and I could not find a setting to disable the timer. In fact, when the countdown started, it didn't matter what buttons on the remote were pushed, the TV would still turn off. Once the TV was manually turned back on after shutting off, it would be at a different channel than you were watching. Therefore, you had to find the program you were watching.

The towel bar in the bathroom was pulled 85% from the wall, to the point that I am unsure how it was even still attached or holding the weight of two towels.

The quality of the towels was that which one would expect in a community locker room. The bath towels are smaller in size than a regular bath towel. The material was sub-par, and when held to a light you could almost see thru it.

The walls had more damage than one would expect in a hotel that had even basic maintenance performed.

The window sill in the bathroom had dirt build-up in the corners like it was never actually wiped down.

Room tip: There are only stairs between the 3 Floors.
Date of stay: February 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Travis B
Reviewed 13 October 2018

I was very tired and asked for a quiet room on the second floor. Room 219 was perfect tucked away in the corner. The room was spotless. Fridge and microwave a nice touch. Good location. I didn't hear a sound all night. Breakfast was nothing special but I had rather low expectations anyway. Easy painless check in and check out.

Room tip: Away from the street
Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 17 June 2018 via mobile

For two nights, I paid $125. Nothing special. Came with a microwave and a fridge. Water in the bathroom sink came out very slow. Bed was alright. They had free breakfast but when I went there at 730, there was barely any food. Just a couple donuts that were stale. Like I said for the price that I paid and the area that it’s in, it was alright.

Date of stay: May 2018
Reviewed 1 March 2018 via mobile

We stayed in an Econo Lodge in AZ before this and it was horrible. We didn't know what to expect but it was pretty alright for the place and the price. The location was alright too. Our room was clean and comfortable. The breakfast area was packed in the morning so we just grabbed a few items and checked out.

Date of stay: April 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank TheTravelYogi
Reviewed 3 October 2017 via mobile

Room needed updated. Shower door and bathroom window were both cracked. Heat lamp bulb in bathroom exploded when it was turned on. Pluses were price, convenient location to many area attractions, free continental breakfast.

Date of stay: September 2017