See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 9 October 2015

We stayed in the separate casita behind the main house. It had a bedroom, breakfast nook, kitchen and equipment, and sitting room, plus a hot tub. Dan was friendly and efficient. Breakfast, delivered to your door, was fresh fruit, muffins, and yoghurt. The kitchen had a coffeemaker and coffee supplies. Plenty for my husband and myself.

It is located off Speedway, not far from the University. There are plenty of restaurants nearby. But it is not in downtown Tucson. However, we got to our various locations easily and pretty quickly.

I enjoyed the privacy and the space. It is decorated in Southwest style with lots of interesting artifacts. Comfy bed and great couch/recliner in living room. The bathroom was clean and spacious with lovely supplies. Wifi was free and fast. It's not your typical hotel room!

There are no signs out front and it's on a residential street, so check your GPS and give it a try!

Room tip: We stayed in the separate casita, not the main house.
Date of stay: September 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 March 2015

I was debating on whether or not to stay at a B&B or at a Hotel. I am glad I stayed at the Casita. I did stay in the main house, not in the seperate self contain unit which is right behind the main house. Dan is a great host, and his daugther, Sara is equally as nice. The B&B is located just off of speedway, which is one of the main streets in Tucson. The B&B to me is centrally located because Tucson is a sprawling city. So, it would take a few minutes to get to the University, 15 - 20 min to the mountains, 25 min to Saguaro National Park (East - not West)! Dan always had coffee and food ready for me. As long as I had my coffee, bagel and some sort of fruit, I was a happy camper!! Dan and i talked several Mornings over breakfast. After coming in for the night one time, I did see Dan and Sara around the TV, sio we did look at some late night TV. It is always nice to get to know people in a new city. With that said, it was completely optional. Dan and his daugther have a seperate 'wing' to the house. So, if / when either one of us wanted privacy, it was easily had. Would I stay here again - absolutely. The B&B was within a 5 min walk to the Whole Foods and across the street was a Walgreens. The bed in the main room of the house was extremely comfy!

Date of stay: February 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Robbbyva
Reviewed 4 June 2014

My husband and I always look for self-contained units on our trips. Many hotels are noisy and he is a light sleeper. Especially bothersome is the self closing (or should I say slamming) fire doors in many hotels. This casita was a great place to stay in Tucson. It is in a neighborhood, tucked behind the owner's residence. Dan greeted us, gave us information on area tourist sites and even had a welcome bottle of wine in the fridge. He also told us of a place to get Sonoran dogs. The casita has all the comforts of home coupled with a charming southwestern decor. We were given privacy on our two day stay, but every morning Dan brought over a delicious breakfast with fantastic fruit, yogurt, juice and homemade baked goods. Delicious! The casita had everything you could need for a self stay. We walked to Whole Foods nearby for grocery items and driving to tourist sites was easy. There is a hot tub to use, but it was so hot, we didn't use it.
Dan is a wonderful host and the casita is a nice, private place to stay.

Date of stay: May 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 April 2013 via mobile

If you are tired of the same old hotel stay I highly recommend the Arizona Casita. We had our own private little home with a kitchen, living room, bedroom & an outdoor hot tub! The place is in a neighborhood but is also close to stores & the Dish Restaurant If you go East down Speedway Rd you can hike the Douglas Pine Trail. Dan the owner is a very nice man & even brought us some pastries the next morning. He had juice and cream for coffee in the refrigerator, also fresh fruit. No sign out front so make sure you have directions.

Date of stay: April 2013
Reviewed 7 March 2013

If you are looking for a charming, but not too hokey, Arizona desert b&b, this is the perfect choice.
Tucked away in a quiet neighborhood, you will feel like a native resident. We stayed in the private guest house in the back and could not have been more pleased. Plenty of living space, all the little extras included. The owner, Dan, did not hover, or pry, yet he was available to help at any time. We prefer a more anonymous experience, so this was a real plus for us. The neighborhood is well appointed with restaurants and shopping. The patio is sunny in the morning. The price is right. Food for breakfast was fruit, yogurt, and muffins. Everything is right there in your own kitchen, so there is no forced socializing in the morning. Lots of privacy. If you need a bigger meal to start the day, Ike's coffee and tea, is a block away, and was very good. We tried the veggie scrambled eggs, and they were terrific. Reserve early, as Dan told us he has been booked solid for the peak season so far this year.

Room tip: Go for the private guest house.
Date of stay: March 2013